What is a VE103 certificate?

What is a VE103 certificate?

A VE103 is an authenticated proof of permission from Motability Operations Ltd to take the vehicle abroad. Every driver going abroad from the UK must, by law, carry the vehicle’s registration document (V5C). In this circumstance, a vehicle on Hire certificate (VE103) must be carried instead.

How do I get a VE103 certificate?

Drivers can obtain a VE103 vehicle on hire certificate by contacting their vehicle rental or leasing company before travel. BVRLA members can place an order for certificates here. Without the correct documentation, drivers could face long delays at the border or worse, risk having the vehicle impounded.

Can I go to Turkey with Motability car?

All Motability Scheme customers need to take a VE103 (Vehicle on Hire) form when travelling to foreign countries in a Motability Scheme car. It proves you are allowed to take the car abroad and will cover you for 12 months.

What happens to Motability cars after 3 years?

After three years, the car is given back to the charity and is then sold on, usually via auction, to dealerships. Motability customers never own the car, so the company will be the registered owner with the DVLA. In most circumstances, you’ll be buying a three-year-old car, as that’s when Motability leases end.

Do I need VE103?

Along with the written permission, you will need a VE103 document. This is in lieu of the Vehicle Registration Document (V5C), which most firms won’t give out. Having this is a legal requirement for driving in mainland Europe.

Do I need VE103 if I have V5C?

In addition you will need to take either the original vehicle registration document (V5c) or a Vehicle on Hire certificate (VE103). The VE103 is the only legal alternative to the vehicle registration document.

How long can a UK registered car stay in Spain?

6 months
If you spend more than 183 days in Spain, then you are legally considered to be a resident. Hence, you are only permitted to drive a UK registered vehicle in Spain for up to 6 months of the year.

Can my daughter use my Motability car for work?

You shouldn’t let anyone else use your Motability vehicle to commute to their workplace. Allowing someone to other than yourself or your spouse use your Motability vehicle to go to their work, even if they’re one of the named drivers, is misuse of your vehicle.

Can I take my Motability car to Morocco?

What you will need. You will need to take a Vehicle on Hire Certificate (VE103) with you when travelling abroad in your Motability vehicle. It proves you can take your hire vehicle abroad and will cover you for 12 months. You must request this at least three weeks before you intend to travel.

Can you get a second hand car on Motability?

The Motability Scheme can use your mobility allowance to help you obtain a suitable wheelchair accessible vehicle. There are two main options within the scheme: A new Motability car on a three-year or five-year contract hire lease. A new or used car on hire purchase, over a term of two to five years.

How long does a VE103 last?

The VE103 will be valid for one year.

What is a ve103 vehicle on hire certificate?

The VE103 vehicle on hire certificate must be produced on demand to prove that the driver has permission from the vehicle owner to be in possession of the vehicle. It is the only legal alternative to the vehicle log book (V5C). Letters of authority or photocopies are not acceptable substitutes.

Do I need a ve103 when I travel abroad?

The Government has also published guidance on what you need to do before you travel and when you return to England. The UK Government also has published information on Driving Abroad, which highlights the need to get a VE103 certificate when taking a rented or leased vehicle abroad.

Do I need a ve103 to cross the Irish border?

To cross the border to the Republic of Ireland in your hire/lease vehicle, you will need a VE103 certificate if the vehicle originates from/is registered in, Great Britain or Northern Ireland.

What is the RAC ve103 breakdown cover?

When you request your VE103 you’ll be able to include RAC European Breakdown Cover at no extra cost. If you choose to travel abroad without arranging breakdown cover you’ll be responsible for all recovery charges in the event of a breakdown.