How do I set an error message in SAP?
Making Error Messages User Specific
- Sometimes you need to different rules for error message based on the user.
- Select ‘System Messages’:
- Select the error message to be configured.
- Create a new version ‘ZZ’ for the selected error message, assign message category = ‘E’ and save:
How do I check SAP error messages?
How to Check Error Message in SAP
- Guest. SE91 for view messages in SAP By Ranjith.
- Guest. go to OKE5 and make the settings and activate the controlling area.
- Shalesh Singh Visen. I guess it should be OBA5.
- Sardar Naseem. If u mean’t system messages then it will be sm02.
How do I change error to warning in SAP?
Transaction code OBA5 and select the appliction than change the message.
- Help to improve this answer by adding a comment. If you have a different answer for this question, then please use the Your Answer form at the bottom of the page instead.
- Alert Moderator.
How do I set up messages in SAP?
Step By Step configuration Steps at ECC System:
- Step 1: Creating connection to SAP Server. Go to the transaction SM59 and create the HTTP external destination for SAP SMS server.
- Step 2: SCOT configuration for SMS in HTTP outbound.
- Step 3: Send “TEST SMS” from SAP using T-code and program.
What is SAP OBA5?
OBA5 (Change Message Control) is a standard SAP parameter transaction code that is used to maintain the contents of V_T100C database table. It does this by executing the table maintenance t-code SM30 in edit mode, assuming you have the appropriate authorisations.
What is the difference between an error message and a warning message SAP?
Error message will not allow to enter values or to proceed further. This is used to display warning messages to a user in case of an error. The difference between warning messages and error messages are that in warning messages the input fields are not refreshed. In warning message you can still proceed ahead.
How do I turn off error messages in SAP?
Enter the default message type in the “Standard” column. In the “Switch Off” column, indicate whether the message can be deactivated completely.
How do I view an error log in SAP?
Viewing the Error Log with the SAP System
- To view the error log, use transaction DBACOCKPIT.
- Choose Diagnostics.
- Choose SQL Error Logs. All the available error logs are listed.
- To display the contents of a particular log, click on it to list its contents below. Note.
How do you edit a message in SAP?
Select a staged message version (not a logged version) with status Not Delivered to view its details. In case you have to edit the details, choose Edit . Choose the Message Header tab if you want to edit the message header data. Editing the message header changes the entire message processing.
How do I set Message Control in SAP?
Lots of applications are message control enabled, complete list of applications can find out by using the TCODE : NACE….Message control components:
- Messages, condition types or messages types refer to the Output types.
- Message schemas refer to procedures.
- Condition type and condition record are two different things.
How do you maintain a message in SAP?
To reach the Message Maintenance screen, use one of the following paths:
- Use forward navigation in the ABAP Editor (double-click on keywords).
- In the ABAP Editor, choose Goto → Messages. The Maintain Messages screen appears. By default, the system displays the message class linked to the current program. Note.
How do I change message control in SAP?
Set the Message Control Call transaction OBA5 or OBMSG. Enter an application area. This is usually the same as the message class (i.e.: FICUSTOM). You can set Message Control individually for every user or generally for all users.
How to find the error message number in SAP?
Click on “Technical information” icon, SAP will present you technical data about the error message: Double click on the “Message Number” field; you then will get in transaction SE91. The first message in the list will be the one that was double clicked previously, select it and press the button “Where-used List”.
What is message class in SAP?
The first part is the Message Class, which indicates the functional area of the messages. It is a way to group messages by logical category. In our example, message class AA is used for all messages related to Asset Accounting. Here are a few other SAP error message classes:
How to get technical information about the error message?
Click on “Technical information” icon, SAP will present you technical data about the error message: Double click on the “Message Number” field; you then will get in transaction SE91. The first message in the list will be the one that was double clicked previously, select it and press the button “Where-used List”
What is message class AA001 in SAP?
An SAP message code typically looks like this: AA001 (or sometimes shown as AA 001). The first part is the Message Class, which indicates the functional area of the messages. It is a way to group messages by logical category. In our example, message class AA is used for all messages related to Asset Accounting.