Who are the 20th century writers?
Discovering Literature: 20th century
- W H Auden. Poet.
- J G Ballard. Novelist, Short story writer, Essayist.
- Samuel Beckett. Playwright.
- William Blake. Poet, Artist, Printer.
- E R Braithwaite. Novelist, Writer.
- Benjamin Britten. Composer.
- Angela Carter. Novelist, Short story writer, Journalist.
- Caryl Churchill. Playwright.
Who is the famous writer of 20th century?
Ernest Hemingway was one of the most famous and influential writers of the 20th century. His best known work is ‘The Old Man and the Sea. ‘
Who is the most famous literature writer?
TOP TEN AUTHORS BY POINTS EARNED
- Leo Tolstoy — 327.
- William Shakespeare — 293.
- James Joyce — 194.
- Vladimir Nabokov — 190.
- Fyodor Dostoevsky — 177.
- William Faulkner — 173.
- Charles Dickens — 168.
- Anton Chekhov — 165.
What are the literary movements in 20th century literature?
20th century in literature
Who is America’s most famous writer?
Who Are the Most Famous American Authors?
- Mark Twain. Birthdate: November 30, 1835.
- F. Scott Fitzgerald.
- Ernest Hemingway. Birthdate: July 21, 1899.
- Toni Morrison. Birthdate: February 18, 1931.
- J.D. Salinger.
- Edgar Allan Poe. Birthdate: January 19, 1809.
- Nathaniel Hawthorne. Birthdate: July 4, 1804.
- John Steinbeck.
Who were the best writers of the 20th century?
Rabindranath Tagore. Rabindranath Tagore was born to Debendernath Tegore and Sarada Devi in Calcutta,Bengal Presidency of the British Empire on May 7,1861.
Who is the Greatest Person of the 20th century?
That it ended in this ignominious manner rather than the greatest nightmare of mankind is due in greatest measure to the vision and drive of Mikael Gorbachev, and that makes him the greatest person of the 20th century.
Who were the poets of the 20th century?
The Imagists were (predominantly young) poets working in England and America in the early 20th century, including F. S. Flint, T. E. Hulme, Richard Aldington and Hilda Doolittle (known primarily by her initials, H.D.).
Who are the greatest American writers?