What are the symptoms of Korsakoff syndrome?
- Confusion and loss of mental activity that can progress to coma and death.
- Loss of muscle coordination (ataxia) that can cause leg tremor.
- Vision changes such as abnormal eye movements (back and forth movements called nystagmus), double vision, eyelid drooping.
- Alcohol withdrawal.
What is Wernicke syndrome?
Wernicke syndrome, also known as Wernicke encephalopathy, is a neurological disease characterized by three main clinical symptoms: confusion, the inability to coordinate voluntary movement (ataxia) and eye (ocular) abnormalities.
What is Corsicough syndrome?
Korsakoff’s syndrome is a disorder that primarily affects the memory system in the brain. It usually results from a deficiency of thiamine (vitamin B1), which may be caused by alcohol abuse, dietary deficiencies, prolonged vomiting, eating disorders, or the effects of chemotherapy.
What foods contain B1?
- Fortified breakfast cereals.
- Beans, lentils.
- Green peas.
- Enriched cereals, breads, noodles, rice.
- Sunflower seeds.
How do I know if I have a lung problem?
1. Difficulty breathing An obvious and clear sign pointing to a lung problem. It is characterized by shortness of breath which leads to the need to breathe through the mouth, and when doing so wheezing may occur. This symptom is characteristic of conditions such as asthma, bronchitis or emphysema. 2. Coughing
What are the symptoms of lung hyperinflation and exercise intolerance?
Exercise intolerance is very common with lung hyperinflation. You may feel very short of breath or unusually exhausted during or after physical activity, be it a walk through the neighborhood or even cleaning your home.
What are the signs and symptoms of a lung infection?
Chest pain, breathing problems and fever are three important signs that may point to an infection of this type. 4. Chest tightness To feel that your chest is pressed, as if using a very tight vest or as if someone was sitting on it, is a sign that warrants an immediate visit to a doctor because it indicates the presence of a lung condition.
Is lung disease messing with your breathing patterns?
It’s normal to think that lung disease would mess with your breathing patterns, but some of the symptoms aren’t that obvious. Your body can send out an SOS in many different ways. Recognizing these signals can help you treat your flagging lungs and breathe a little easier.