Is it difficult to pass ielts?
IELTS is too difficult IELTS is no more difficult than any other exam. The questions are straightforward and designed to assess how well you can use your English – not to trick you or test your opinions. As with any exam, IELTS requires thorough preparation. Also, remember that there is no pass or fail in IELTS.
What book should I read to improve my vocabulary?
7 Novels to Read for a Better Vocabulary
- The Count of Monte Cristo. Alexandre Dumas’ famous adventure novel explores the classic, timeless themes of betrayal, hope, and vengeance, as well as the consequences of those actions.
- Shakespearean Plays.
- Love in the Time of Cholera.
- Game of Thrones.
- Gulliver’s Travels.
- Slaughterhouse Five.
What books should I read to improve my English?
9 great novels to help improve your English
- The Wind in the Willows – Kenneth Grahame.
- Lord of the Flies – William Golding.
- The Old Man and the Sea – Ernest Hemingway.
- Animal Farm – George Orwell.
- Tuesdays with Morrie – Mitch Albom.
- High Fidelity – Nick Hornby.
- The Giver – Lois Lowry.
- Fantastic Mr Fox – Roald Dahl.
Does reading expand your vocabulary?
Reading expands your vocabulary Consistent exposure to new words, learning their meanings and seeing the context in which they’re used will increase your mental dictionary. You will have more words available to use and more ways to use them in conversation and in writing.
How can I increase my vocabulary for UPSC?
Tips to improve English for UPSC exam
- ‘Reading maketh a full man’ The above quote by British statesman Sir Francis Bacon says it all.
- Write letters to the editor. This is a sure-shot method to improve your written language.
- Speak to your friends in English.
- Watch English news, movies, etc.
- Start a blog.
- Google dictionary.