Is critique circle good?
Critique Circle has been my mainstay for four years. It’s a great place to find out if your story is good or just to learn more about the craft of writing. It’s also a great place to meet new authors (quite a few who have boatloads of talent).
What can you discuss in an art critique?
Artistic Criticism – How to Critique Art
- Describe: Tell what you see (the visual facts).
- Analyze: Mentally separate the parts or elements, thinking in terms of textures, shapes/forms, light/dark or bright/dull colors, types of lines, and sensory qualities.
Is critique circle safe?
Technically, it is safe — people have to be logged on to see any stories, so submitting a story for critique here does not mean it’s “published online”. Your story is accessible by the members of Critique Circle. There are different levels of accessibility, which you pick when you send your story.
Why is critique important in art?
The criticism has an important role in developing and deepening the work of artists, but also in helping viewers perceive, and interpret works of art.
How do you criticize someone nicely?
- Be Straightforward. You aren’t doing anybody any favors by skirting around the subject.
- Be Specific. General criticism almost always sounds like a put down.
- Focus on the Work, Not the Person.
- Don’t Tell Someone They’re Wrong.
- Find Something to Compliment.
- Make Suggestions, Not Orders.
- Have a Conversation.
What does critique mean in art?
An art critique is a detailed analysis and evaluation of a work of art. The basic elements of an art critique are description, analysis, interpretation, and judgment.
How do I become less sensitive to criticism?
7 Tips For Dealing With Criticism When You’re A Highly Sensitive Person
- Determine if the criticism is constructive or destructive.
- Dont respond immediately.
- Avoid black-and-white thinking.
- Ask questions.
- Look for the nugget of truth.
- Separate feelings from facts.
- Do something nice for yourself.