How do you reference acts in Harvard style?
Q. How do I reference an Act of Parliament in Harvard style?
- Title of Act including year and chapter (in italics)
- Country/jurisdiction (only include this if you are referencing legislation from more than one country)
- Available at: URL (Accessed: date)
What does Unts mean?
United Nations Treaty Series
How do you cite an international treaty in MLA?
MLA Works Cited Format: Country, Government Division. Title of Treaty. Name of Website or Publication, URL. Description of Treaty.
How do you Intext reference an act?
Basic format to reference legislation and cases
- Short Title of Act (in italics).
- Year (in italics).
- Jurisdiction abbreviation (in round brackets).
- Section number and subdivision if applicable.
- Country abbreviation (in round brackets).
- The first line of each citation is left adjusted.
How do you cite a US treaty?
A citation to a treaty should include the agreement’s name, date of signing, parties and the sources in which the treaty can be found. As stated earlier, whenever possible, cite to the official source of the treaty, such as UST, TIAS or UNTS.19
How do you cite a trade agreement?
- Title of the agreement. Start the reference with the full title of the treaty.
- Names of the parties. If there are only two parties to the agreement (a bilateral treaty; for example, France and Germany), include the names of both parties.
- Date of signing.
- Treaty source.
How do you cite the Treaty of Versailles?
Cite This Item
- Chicago citation style: Knox, Philander C. Treaty of Versailles . [Washington, Govt. print. off, 1919] Web..
- APA citation style: Knox, P. C. (1919) Treaty of Versailles . [Washington, Govt. print. off] [Web.]
- MLA citation style: Knox, Philander C. Treaty of Versailles . [Washington, Govt. print.