How do you do a hard reset on a Surface Pro?
Hold the Shift key down while you select Power > Restart in the lower-right corner of the screen. After your Surface restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC.
How do I reset my Surface Pro 2 without a password?
Step 1: Start your Surface Pro, Surface Go or Surface RT tablet. Step 2: On the login page, press and hold the Shift key. Step 3: While still holding the Shift key, tap the Power button from the bottom right corner and choose the Restart option. Step 4: After restarting, Microsoft Surface will enter into Recovery Mode.
How do I reset my Surface to factory settings?
How to factory reset your Surface Go
- Open the Start Menu in the bottom left-hand corner of your display.
- Select the Settings cogwheel on the left.
- Select Update & Security from the Settings menu.
- Under the Recovery submenu, find Reset this PC, and select Get started.
How do I factory reset my Surface Pro without a keyboard?
Posts Tagged ‘reset Surface RT without keyboard’
- From the Windows login screen, click the Power icon at the bottom right of the screen.
- The tablet will reboot and take you to the troubleshooting option screen.
- Click on “Reset your PC” and then click Next.
- You’ll now be prompted with two options.
- Click Reset.
How do I factory reset my Surface Pro without a recovery key?
Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the power button. When the Microsoft or Surface logo appears, release the volume-down button. When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want. Select Troubleshoot, and then select Recover from a drive.
How do I factory reset my Surface Pro without logging in?
To reset your Surface without signing in to Windows, you’ll need the built-in keyboard located under the “Ease of Access” icon in the lower left corner. Tap the “Power” icon in the lower right corner of the screen and then tap the “Shift” key. Click “Restart” and select “Restart Anyway” if that prompt appears.
How do I reset my Surface 2?
Press and hold the volume-up button and the power button at the same time until the screen turns off (about 15 seconds), then release both. The screen may flash the Surface logo, but continue holding the buttons down for at least 15 seconds. After you release the buttons, wait 10 seconds.
How do I wipe my Surface Pro?
How to delete all data on Surface Pro
- Go to Start. and select Settings > Update & Security > Recovery.
- Under Reset this PC, select Get started.
- Select Remove everything.
- Select Remove files and clean the drive.
How do I reboot my Surface 2?
How do I hard reset my laptop?
- Press and hold the power button on the front of the computer for approximately 5 seconds. The computer will shut off. No lights should be near the power button. If lights are still on, you can unplug the power cord to the computer tower.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Push the power button to turn the computer on again.
What key do I press to reboot my computer?
Use Ctrl + Alt + Delete
- On your computer keyboard, hold down the control (Ctrl), alternate (Alt), and delete (Del) keys at the same time.
- Release the keys and wait for a new menu or window to appear.
- In the bottom right corner of the screen, click the Power icon.
- Select between Shut Down and Restart.
How do you factory reset a Surface Pro 2?
Method 2: Factory Reset Surface Pro with Surface Pro Recovery USB Drive. Press and hold the Volume-Down (-) button and press the Power button to start up your tablet. As soon as the Surface logo appears, release the Volume-Down button. At this point, Surface will boot into the recovery environment.
How do you reset Microsoft Surface Pro?
Hard Reset MICROSOFT Surface Pro 4 First method: At the very beginning hold down the Power key for a short while in order to turn the tablet on.. In this step swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and select Settings. Next, tap Change PC settings and choose Update and recovery.
How do you reboot a surface 2?
Way 2: Surface Pro Two Button Shutdown. To completely shut down Surface Pro 3 or Pro 4 and restart it, press and hold the Volume-up button and the Power button at the same time for 15 seconds and release both of them. The Surface logo appears, and remember to continue holding downing the buttons for 15 seconds to force restart surface.
How to force restart surface?
Press and hold the Power button on the device for about 30 seconds until the screen turns off and then release it.