How do you create a spring in Catia?
Spring Design In Catia V5
- Choose Wireframe and Surface Design and Make a point to start the Spring Profile.
- Use ‘Helix’ Command For Draw the Spring Profile.
- Select Part Design.
- Make a space on the individual starting point.
- Draw cross-section spring.
- Complete the spring Model By ‘Rib’
How do you make a spiral in Catia?
Click Spiral . The Spiral Curve Definition dialog box appears. Select a supporting plane and the Center point for the spiral. Specify a Reference direction along which the Start radius value is measured and from which the angle is computed, when the spiral is defined by an angle.
How do you get helix in Catia V5?
Creating a Helix
- Click Helix . The Helix Curve Definition dialog box appears.
- Select a starting point.
- Select an axis.
- Set the helix parameters. Pitch : the distance between two revolutions of the curve.
- Click Reverse Direction to invert the curve direction.
- Click OK to create the helix.
What is pitch of spiral?
The pitch of a helix is the height of one complete helix turn, measured parallel to the axis of the helix. A double helix consists of two (typically congruent) helices with the same axis, differing by a translation along the axis.
How do you make a helix?
Creating a Helix or Spiral
- In a part, do one of the following: Open a sketch and sketch a circle. Select a sketch that contains a circle.
- Click Helix and Spiral (Curves toolbar) or Insert > Curve > Helix/Spiral .
- Set values in the Helix/Spiral PropertyManager.
- Click .
What is adaptive sweep in Catia?
Home >Blog >Where Can the ADAPTIVE SWEEP Tool Be Advantageous Over SWEEP in CATIA V5? The adaptive sweep tool keeps the user in control, allowing them to control the profile length, angle, etc along the sweep.
What is difference between helical and spiral?
An easy way to tell the difference between the two is the presence of a central post or column. A spiral staircase will have treads winding around a central column, whereas helicals wind around a void.
What is helix pitch?
What’s the difference between a spiral and a helix?
A spiral can be a curve in a plane winding around a central point or it could be a helix in space. Languages other than English may or may not make the distinction. A helix is a three-dimensional spiral which winds around an axis like ivy growing up a tree.