How do I use shapes in Photoshop cs6?
Follow these quick steps to create shapes in Photoshop:
- Select a shape tool. From the toolbar, click and hold the Shape tool ( ) group icon to bring up the various shape tool options — Rectangle, Ellipse, Triangle, Polygon, Line, and Custom Shape.
- Set shape tool options.
- Draw a shape.
- Edit shape properties.
How do I use the shape tool in Photoshop?
Clicking the shape thumbnail. Clicking the thumbnail opens the Custom Shape Picker, with thumbnail previews of each shape that we can choose from. Use the scroll bar along the right to scroll through the thumbnails. The Custom Shape Picker, with thumbnail previews of each shape.
What is use of shape tool?
The shape tools allow you to add graphic shapes in the form of a filled layer with a vector mask, a solid fill, or as a path outline. Using the shape tools you can draw rectangular, rounded rectangular, elliptical, polygon, line or custom shapes.
How do I cut a shape in Photoshop cs6?
Open the picture you want to cut into a shape and perform the following steps:
- Open an image in Photoshop.
- Type a name for the layer and select OK.
- Click on the Shapes tool and select Custom Shape Tool.
- Select a custom shape for your cut-out in the tool options bar.
Where is the custom shape tool in Photoshop cs6?
In the Tools panel, click and hold the Rectangle tool (or whichever Shape tool is showing in your Tools panel) and select the Custom Shape tool. In the options bar, click the down-facing arrow to the right of the Shape picker.
What do shape tools create in Photoshop?
Shape tools are used to create vector shapes & paths.
How do you make a custom shape tool in Photoshop?
If you right click the Rectangle tool, you will see it at the bottom of the menu. When you select the Custom Shape Tool, you will see a new menu at the top of your screen. If you click on the little arrow next to ‘Shape’ a drop down menu will appear where you can pick one of Photoshop’s default shapes.
How to create a shape in Photoshop?
1) In the Tools panel, click and hold the Rectangle tool (or whichever Shape tool is showing in your Tools panel at the moment) to view all the shape tools. Select a tool for the shape you want to draw. 2) In the options bar, choose a Fill color and other options for your shape. These can be changed later. 3) Hold the Shift key to avoid distorting the See More…
How to make custom shapes in Photoshop?
1) In the Paths panel, select a path—either a vector mask for a shape layer, a work path, or a saved path. 2) Choose Edit > Define Custom Shape, and enter a name for the new custom shape in the Shape Name dialog box. The new shape appears in the Shape pop-up panel in the options bar. 3) To save the new custom shape as part of a new library, select See More….
How do you insert shapes in Photoshop?
Draw your shape according to your requirements. Resize and reposition your shape using the Free Transform command (“Ctrl+t”). Drag the shape layer to below the first image layer in the palette. Right-click on the first image layer and select “Create Clipping Mask” from the context menu.