How do I use dictation commands on a Mac?
To use voice dictation in an application on your Mac, first select a text field in an application. Next, press the Fn (Function) key twice or click the Edit menu and select Start Dictation. Speak to your Mac and the words you speak will start appearing in the text field.
How do I change dictation in Word?
In the Home tab, look to the far left of the tab (Microsoft Word as an example), select Dictate. The default language for dictate will be in the default language of your device. If the language needs to be changed, select the small arrow button underneath of the microphone icon.
How do I fix dictation on my Mac?
How to dictate on a Mac
- Open a document.
- Place your cursor to the desired location for your dictation.
- Use the shortcut you established when setting up dictation; alternatively, you can also select “Edit” and then “Start Dictation.”
- Start talking.
How do I listen to a word document on a Mac?
Hear selected text read aloud
- On the Apple menu, click System Preferences.
- Click Accessibility > Speech.
- Select the voice that you want to use.
- Select the Speak selected text when the key is pressed check box, and then click Set Key to assign a keyboard shortcut that you want to use to hear text read aloud.
How do I view metadata in Word?
View Document Properties
- Open a Word document.
- Click the File tab.
- Click “Info” and then click “Show all Properties” to view the metadata entries for the file.
- Open a Word document and then click the “File” tab and look under “Preparing for Sharing.”
How do you get Siri to type on a Mac?
How to Enable “Type to Siri” on Mac
- Go to the Apple menu and choose “System Preferences”
- Choose “Accessibility” and scroll in the left side menu and select “Siri”
- Check the box for “Enable Type to Siri” to turn on the feature.
- Close out of System Preferences as usual.
How do you speak and type in Word?
- Open Speech Recognition by clicking the Start button , clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, clicking Ease of Access, and then clicking Windows Speech Recognition.
- Say “start listening” or click the Microphone button to start the listening mode.