How do I update my Actron code reader?
Double click the Scanning Suite Launchpad icon on your desktop to open Scanning Suite. If you do not have the icon on your desktop, you can find it by going to Start Menu/All Programs/Scanning Suite/Actron. 2. Click Tool Update.
Can Actron cp9580 read ABS codes?
Answer: No, the CP9580A will read codes related to the check engine light (emissions) and ABS (brake). Failed to get answers.
How do I update my Actron cp9580?
Open Scanning Suite on the PC by double clicking the Actron LaunchPad shortcut or clicking start/All Programs/Scanning Suite/Actron/LaunchPad. 5. Click Tool Update.
Can Actron CP9135 be updated?
Can Actron Cp9135 Be Updated? It is possible that Actron has released an update for your code scanner that corrects a bug if it has been installed. The USB cable that came with your scanner allows you to download and install updates using your home computer.
How do I delete Actron codes?
To erase and reset codes/data from the vehicle computer:
- Set the ingnition to Key On and Engine Off. Do NOT start the. vehicle. The engine should not be running.
- Press and hold the ERASE key for 3 seconds then release.
- When the confirmation message appears on the display, press.
How do I use my Actron CP9135 scanner?
How to Use the Actron Cp9135 Auto Code Reader
- Locate the data/diagnostic link connector (DLC) on the vehicle.
- Plug the CP9135 code reader into the DLC.
- Turn the ignition key to the “On” position without starting the engine.
- Follow the on-screen LCD menu display on the face of the CP9135.
What is cp9580a autoscanner plus with codeconnect™ and ABS?
The new CP9580A AutoScanner Plus with CodeConnect™ and ABS displays not just the DTC, but also helps prioritize troubleshooting with the Top Reported Fixes specific to the vehicle’s make, model, year and engine at the touch of the CodeConnect hot key to “connect” with the most probable solution to the problem.
How do I update my cp9580a to the latest version?
CP9580A Update Instructions. 1 Use the provided USB cable to plug the tool into the PC via the USB port. 2 In the Main Menu, arrow down to System Setup and press ENTER. 3 In the System Setup menu, arrow down to Program Mode and press ENTER. Updating the AutoScanner® Plus.
What operating systems are Actron products compatible with?
*Software is compatible with Windows XP 32 bit only, Vista, and 7 (32 and 64-bit). Actron products can also be purchased from our retail partners. If playback doesn’t begin shortly, try restarting your device.
Are OBD II codes universal?
OBD scanners are universal and will read generic fault codes. Some vehicles, however, use both generic and manufacturer-specific fault codes. Many of the manufacturer-specific codes may not be read by a basic universal type OBD scanner. You’ll also learn about the higher-end scanners and when you’ll need to use one.
What is IM monitor status?
The I/M Monitor Status icons are associated with INSPECTION and MAINTENANCE (I/M) READINESS STATUS. Some states require that all vehicle Monitors have run and completed their diagnostic testing before a vehicle can be tested for Emissions (Smog Check).
How do you read an auto scanner?
- How to read OBD codes: Preparation.
- Step 1: Plug the OBD scanner into the OBD port.
- Step 2: Turn on the ignition.
- Step 3: Enter the Vehicle Identification Number.
- Step 4: Find OBD codes in the menu.
- Step 5: Interpret the first character of the OBD code.
- Step 6: Interpret the second character of the OBD code.
What is Actron scanning suite?
Software updates are performed using the Scanning Suite application. Scanning Suite can also be used to print diagnostic information stored in the tool. NOTE: An update for more than one product may appear in the Scanning Suite Version List.
How do I read OBD2 codes without a scan tool?
A. Using The Ignition Key
- Step 1: Turn The Ignition Key. Switch ON and OFF the ignition key without running the engine.
- Step 2: Check Your Dashboard. Right after the dash lights come up, they’ll turn off, except one—usually the service engine light.
- Step 3: Note And Interpret The Check Engine Codes.
How do you read engine codes?
What is I’m on a code reader?
I/M readiness are self-checks that the OBD2 will run to ensure that the vehicle is operating efficiently and that the error code has been cleared. There are monitors that run each time the car is started while there are those that will only run under certain conditions of operation.