How do I reset my WD My Book Live?
Locate the Reset button slot on the drive.
- Insert the paper clip into it. Keep it on hold for about 4 seconds.
- The WD drive will reboot.
How do I reset My Book Live Duo or My Book Live?
To restore factory defaults:
- For Restore Type, select Quick Factory Restore (default setting) or Full Factory. Restore and click the Start button.
- When asked to confirm the action, click the Yes button to continue or the No button to.
- When the progress bar displays, if you selected Full Factory Restore in step 1, but you.
Is WD MyBook live still supported?
Although this product family is no longer sold or supported by Western Digital, we know some of our customers have been impacted and we want to help. If you have lost your data as a result of these attacks, we will provide data recovery services which will be available beginning in July.
How do I use my book live as an external hard drive?
Easiest is to use a router.
- Plug MyBook into router and allow it to get a DHCP address.
- Login to Administrative website.
- Change IP from DHCP to a static IP. (
- Plug MyBook into your computer\s LAN port with a CROSSOVER cable.
- Set your LAN port’s IP address in the same subnet as the one you gave the MyBook. (
How do I access my WD dashboard?
To open your My Cloud web Dashboard:
- Windows: open a web browser and type in //devicename (or device IP address) to the web address bar.
- Mac OSX: open a web browser and type in //devicename. local (or device IP address) to the web address bar.
Can WD My Book be connected to router?
With the WD My Cloud, you can connect it to your router via Gigabit Ethernet instead of a USB port. When connected, you have remote access to your WD My Cloud Home through a browser or a mobile app.
Can I connect WD My Book to router?
How to install WD backup?
Launch WD backup software. Install WD backup software. Launch WD backup software to enter its main interface.
How do I Reset my Notebook to the factory settings?
Insert the HP recovery disk. Restart the computer, and press the “F11” key. Press the “F” key to “reinstall factory settings.”. If your computer’s operating system is damaged, you may only see “perform a full system recovery” as an option.
How do I back up before a factory reset?
Backup before factory reset with AOMEI Backupper. 3. Click “Step 1” to add the computer hard drive(s) in the backup. 4. Click “Step 2” to choose another location path which is not on the hard drive to be reset as the destination location. To backup to external hard drive or NAS network drive is preferred.
How do I restore my computer back to factory default?
Click in the check box next to each of the display settings that you wish to return to default settings. Click “Customize” once you have selected all of the settings and click “Restore Default.”. Reboot your computer for the changes to take effect and to return your desktop to the default factory settings.