How do I get basic shapes in Visio?
Select Home > Change Shape….Try it!
- Select the stencil that contains the shape you want to add.
- Select a shape, and drag it onto the drawing page.
- Point to the shape, and point to the arrow that indicates the direction of the next shape you want to add.
- Select the shape you want to add.
Can you add shapes to Visio?
Visio for the web has many shapes that are organized into Shape sets. But you can also add Shape sets to the Shapes palette, so you can quickly access other shapes you want. For example, to create an informal process diagram, you can add the Basic Flowchart Shapes set.
How do I add shape data in Visio?
Add data to selected shapes
- On the View tab, in the Show group, click Task Panes, and then click Shape Data.
- Select the shape or shapes that you want to add data to.
- Right-click the selection, point to Data on the shortcut menu, and then click Define Shape Data.
What are the Microsoft Office Visio 2007 shapes?
The Microsoft Office Visio 2007 Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics shapes have been designed to take the tedium out of creating commonly used visual notations such as molecules, mathematical functions, and circuit diagrams. These shapes can be downloaded for use with your existing copy of Microsoft Office Visio 2007.
Where can I download Visio shapes and stencils?
If you have an Internet connection, you can search the Microsoft Download Center for Visio shapes or stencils. Some shapes you can download include: New Microsoft Office shapes Network equipment shapes
How do I create custom shapes in Visio?
C:UsersyournameDocumentsMy Shapes. You can place them in a folder inside of the My Shapes folder if desired. In Visio 2003 or 2007, with a drawing open, go to the File menu, point to Shapes, and then point to My Shapes. In Visio 2010, click on More Shapes in the Shapes window, and then point to My Shapes.
How do I create a diagram in Visio?
In Visio, click File, click Open, and then go to your My Shapes folder. You can find more details on the ‘My Shapes’ folder here. When you want to create a diagram, click on ‘File’->’Shapes’->’My Shapes’ to access the shapes. Drag and drop shapes on the canvas to create your diagram.