Can you use websites in a research paper?
Can I use websites in academic study? The short answer is “yes – but you must use them appropriately”. Websites can provide valuable evidence to support your discussion, just like books or paper journals.
How do you write a reference for a website?
References to websites should include:
- Author or organisation responsible for the site.
- Title of the website (in italics)
- Place of publication and publisher.
- The date the site was published or last updated.
- Date you viewed the website.
- The URL.
Can you cite a website in a thesis?
Make sure the information provided by the website you are citing is reliable, and only cite quotable websites in your bachelor’s or master’s thesis. The main components of website citations are: Author, title, domain, URL, date of last access, and date of publication.
Is it bad to reference a website?
The short answer is that you should re-source that argument or information from a source with an author behind it. The long answer is that citations have a very important purpose. They are there so that we know if a fact or argument in your paper should be defended by you, or by someone else.
How do you Harvard reference a website with no title?
How to cite a web page in Harvard style with no author. Formula: Web page title (Year published) Available at: URL (Accessed: Day Month Year).
How to cite a website in an essay?
1) Start your bibliographic entry with the name of the author. 2) List the title of the web page in double quotation marks. After the name of the article, provide the title of the specific web page. 3) Add the name of the website or publishing organization in italics. If the website has a distinct name, include this after the title of the webpage. 4) Provide the publication date or access date. If the content you’re citing has a specific publication date associated with it, provide that date in month-day-year format. 5) Close your entry with a direct URL to the web page. Copy the full URL for the permalink of the web page and paste it into your bibliographic entry. 6) Use commas instead of periods between elements in footnotes. A Chicago-style footnote generally includes all of the same information as the bibliographic entry.
How to cite a website in MLA?
How to cite websites?
How to cite within a paper?
Start with the authors’ names. Invert the first author’s name so that the last name appears first.