Can you look up military personnel?
By phone at 1-877-272-7337. Through an online request (You’ll first need to create an account.) Using its Hero Care app on your mobile device.
How do I find someone who served in Vietnam?
Vietnam War Indexes and Records on the Internet
- Interactive Vietnam Veterans Memorial at Fold3 (free) you can search for names and view images from the wall; you can also leave tributes.
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall Website includes a searchable database of names on the wall.
How can you tell if someone was in the military?
Please use the Defense Manpower Data Center’s (DMDC) Military Verification service to verify if someone is in the military. The website will tell you if the person is currently serving in the military. The site is available 24-hours a day.
How do you tell if someone is lying about being in the military?
Jump To A Military Verification Service
- #1 – DFAS.
- #2 – Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA) Request.
- #3 – National Personnel Records Center.
- #4 – DD 214 or Military ID Card.
- #5 – Commendation Medal Search.
- #6 – Online Military Background Check.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What flower represents veterans Day?
On September 27, 1920, the poppy became the official flower of The American Legion family to memorialize the soldiers who fought and died during the war. In 1924, the distribution of poppies became a national program of The American Legion.
How can I find out my grandfather’s military history?
You can request a copy of the Veteran’s military records in any of these ways:
- Mail or fax a Request Pertaining to Military Records (Standard Form SF 180) to the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC).
- Write a letter to the NPRC.
- Visit the NPRC in person.
- Contact your state or county Veterans agency.
How can I find out if my dad was in Vietnam?
I sent to the National Archives’ National Personnel Records Center for my dad’s DD 214, or discharge document. It has basic info including when he entered and left service, and rank at entry and discharge. Veterans and their next of kin can request their military personnel records at no charge.
What is a DD214?
The DD Form 214 is a complete and thorough document that verifies a service member’s proof of military service. This Certificate of Release or Discharge form is issued through the Department of Defense and is typically issued at the final out processing appointment prior to retirement or separation.
Can soldiers take pictures?
It is illegal to take pictures of a military base, even if it’s from off that base (Unless there is a special event going on, like an air show). But if the area isn’t a secure facility, you should be fine.