Why does my shower curtain liner get moldy?
Because shower curtain liners are one size fits all, the liners are often much larger than needed, creating a lot of puckering and gathering. Otherwise, the shower curtain folds in on itself and then the water gets trapped in between the folds. If it can’t dry out, mold is going to grow.
How do you get mildew out of a fabric shower curtain?
Hydrogen Peroxide and Borax In a spray bottle, mix 2 cups of hydrogen peroxide with 1 cup of water. Spray generously and let the curtain sit for 30 minutes. Scrub the fabric with a soft brush to remove the mold. Work gently to prevent damage to the fabric.
How do you clean a vinyl shower curtain liner?
Fill your washing machine with warm water on the largest load setting. Add a couple of drops of detergent and a cup of white vinegar. Toss in your cloth shower curtain on a gentle setting. Once the cycle is complete, hang your curtain back on the rod to air dry.
How do you get mold off a plastic shower curtain?
How to Remove Mildew from Plastic Shower Curtains
- Remove your shower curtain and fill your tub with warm water.
- Add a little bleach to the warm water and soak your shower curtain in this mixture.
- After your shower curtain has soaked for a while, run it through your washing machine on the rinse cycle.
How do you remove mildew from a vinegar shower curtain?
Wash in warm or hot water at the highest level. At the rinse cycle, add ½ to 1 cup of distilled white vinegar. Allow fabric curtains to run through the spin cycle, then hang to dry. There’s no need to put it in the dryer.
How do you get mildew out of curtain lining?
How To Get Mildew Out Of Curtains
- Step 1: Brush Off as Much as Possible. As with mould, the first step is to brush as much of the mildew off as possible.
- Step 2: Machine Wash the Curtains. Then, if the material allows, the curtains should be machine washed and hung out to dry where possible.
- Step 3: Wash with Baking Soda.
How do you remove mildew from a vinyl shower curtain?
Dampen your curtain and lay it in your tub or in the bathroom sink, then apply baking soda (or a commercial stain remover) to the affected area. Take a sponge, washcloth, or scrub brush and begin scrubbing until the mold and mildew begin to come off.
How do you dry a plastic shower curtain?
It won’t take much to get the grime off of your shower curtain, so no need for heavier cycles. Don’t put it in the dryer. As soon as your shower curtain is finished washing, hang it back on the rod and let it air dry. Your dryer can melt or distort certain fabrics.
How do I clean the bottom of my shower curtain?
If the bottom of your shower curtain is extra grimy, use a brush or sponge on the lower section to help loosen soap, dirt, and odor-causing bacteria. Rinse the shower curtain and liner from top down with a handheld shower head, a watering can, or a bottle or bucket filled with water.
How do you remove mildew from a shower curtain?
How to Remove Mildew from Plastic Shower Curtains Remove your shower curtain and fill your tub with warm water. Add a little bleach to the warm water and soak your shower curtain in this mixture. After your shower curtain has soaked for a while, run it through your washing machine on the rinse cycle. You’ll want to use warm—not hot—water.
How do you clean a shower curtain?
Hand Washing Your Shower Curtain Add baking soda to a dampened cloth. Get a clean microfiber cloth slightly damp. Scrub down the entire shower curtain. Use your cloth to scrub down the curtain. Rinse with warm water. Take a new cloth and get it damp with warm water. Clean any remaining stains.
How to clean a shower curtain?
– Sprinkle baking soda on a damp, microfiber cloth . – Scrub the entire shower curtain. – Rinse with a clean, damp cloth until all the baking soda is removed. – If the curtain has more stubborn stains, scrub them again with baking soda until the stains are gone, then rinse again.