Who is the best tattoo artist in New York City?
6 Best Tattoo Artists in NYC
- Keith “Bang Bang” McCurdy (Bang Bang NYC) Image via Complex Original.
- Jonathan “Jon Boy” Valena (West 4 Tattoo) Image via Complex Original.
- Sue Jeiven (East River Tattoo) Image via Complex Original.
- Tamara Santibanez (Saved Tattoo)
- Scott Campbell (Saved Tattoo)
- Becca Genné-Bacon (Hand of Glory)
Where can I get a small tattoo in NYC?
Top 10 Best Minimalist Tattoo in New York, NY
- Uplift Tattoo. 1.3 mi. Tattoo.
- Blindreason Tattoo. 1.1 mi. Tattoo.
- Fineline Tattoo. 1.3 mi. $$ Tattoo.
- West 4 Tattoo. 1.9 mi. 189 reviews.
- Black Fish Tattoo. 3.0 mi. 199 reviews.
- Bang Bang Tattoos. 1.0 mi. $$$$ Tattoo.
- HighLine Tattoo NYC. 2.8 mi. Tattoo.
- Mischief Tattoo. 1.8 mi. $$ Tattoo.
What age can u get a tattoo in NY?
Tattooing of minors is against the law It is violation of Section 260.21 of New York State Penal Law to tattoo minors under the age of 18, regardless of parental consent. Contact local law enforcement for more information.
Why are tattoos illegal NYC?
In 1961, the city banned tattooing after there was a hepatitis outbreak. Most tattoo shops moved to the suburbs, but some brave artists stayed and did them discreetly. “Basically, it was in storefronts that were painted over, somebody’s apartment, an old garage space,” said photographer Efrain John Gonzalez.
Does New York regulate tattoo facilities?
Tattooing and body piercing are regulated by the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH). Tattoo and body piercing businesses need a permit. Individual tattoo and piercing artists need a permit too.
What is the legal age to get a tattoo in New York?
It is illegal for persons under the age of 18 to get tattooed regardless of the presence of parental permission in the state of New York. Some states allow minors to receive tattoos if they have the consent of a guardian, but New York law completely prohibits this.
What year did tattoos get legalized in New York?
That’s because, in 1961, New York City declared it “unlawful for any person to tattoo a human being,” a prohibition that remained on the books for nearly four decades, until the city finally re-legalized the tattoo trade in 1997.
How to get a tattoo license in New York?
A valid Social Security number (SSN) or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN).
Do you need a license to tattoo in NY State?
A Tattoo License is required for an individual Tattoo Artist working in New York City and is designed to control and prevent the spread of infectious diseases in New York City.