Where can I get free tech support?
AbilityNet’s Tech volunteers provide free IT support to older people and disabled people of any age. Our volunteers can support people located anywhere in the UK.
Which sites allow you to post a question about computer repair to a forum?
If you’re encountering issues with your computer hardware and software, including tweaking and operating systems, you can head to TechSpot forums to post your questions.
How do you troubleshoot a computer problem?
Eleven Tips for Troubleshooting Software
- Free up RAM by closing other open programs.
- Restart the software.
- Shut down and restart your computer.
- Use the Internet to find help.
- Undo any recent hardware or software changes.
- Uninstall the software, then reinstall it.
- Look for software patches.
- Scan for viruses and malware.
How do I practice technical support?
8 tech support best practices
- Offer multi-channel tech support, including live chat.
- Don’t keep customers waiting.
- Provide FAQs and troubleshooting help online (self service).
- Hire well and train representatives properly.
- Use software to keep track of customers and take care of routine tasks.
How much does Microsoft tech support cost?
Microsoft also offers paid plans that are more comprehensive or allow you to stay at home to get help. A one-hour, one-time support session via chat or phone call will cost you $99. Extended protection and accidental coverage for your laptop along with unlimited software support will cost you $129.
What is the first thing you should do when troubleshooting a computer problem?
The troubleshooting process steps are as follows:
- Identify the problem.
- Establish a theory of probable cause.
- Test the theory to determine the cause.
- Establish a plan of action to resolve the problem and implement the solution.
- Verify full system functionality and, if applicable, implement preventive measures.
What are the common problems of the computer?
Here are six common computer issues and how you can fix them.
- Slow Performance.
- Loud Noises From Computer.
- Computer Constantly Freezes.
- Internet Browsing Is Slow or Unresponsive.
- You’re Seeing a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death)
- Screen Display Is Truncated or Has Low Resolution.
What does a computer tech support do?
Computer technicians, who are also sometimes known as computer support specialists or help desk technicians, provide support to computer users. Techs work in a variety of environments, including businesses, government offices, not-for-profit organizations, as well as for third-party computer support firms.
What is computer support?
Computer support is the process of providing diagnostic, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair services to a computer or similar device. It allows end users to seek and receive specialized computer maintenance and management services, either locally from their home/office or remotely via the Internet.
What is PC support?
A PC support technician, also known as help-desk technician or technical support specialist, assists customers and clients with issues arising from everyday computer use.
What is a forum software?
1. Simple Machines Forum. It is a free software package which allows you to make an easy, elegant, customizable and high-quality discussion forums. It is PHP based forum which uses MySQL as backend. It has tons of plugins, extension, and add-ons and you will never look another forum software if you start using it.