What other jobs can musicians do?
50 Great Jobs for Musicians
- Staff Musician. Many organizations have a need for full-time musicians.
- Guitar Technician.
- Piano Tuner.
- Tour Manager.
- Concert Promoter (and support staff).
- Music Festival Director.
- Music Festival Hospitality Coordinator.
- Commercial Music Composer.
What careers go with music?
Jobs directly related to your degree include:
- Music producer.
- Music therapist.
- Private music teacher.
- Secondary school teacher.
- Sound designer.
- Sound engineer.
- Sound technician, broadcasting/film/video.
What is a good career for artists?
Here are 10 high-paying art jobs:
- Gallery manager.
- Interior designer.
- Technical designer.
- Industrial designer.
- Store planner.
- Art director.
- Senior fashion designer.
- Creative director.
What is the highest paying job in the music industry?
The highest-paying music jobs
- Music director.
- Music teacher.
- Music therapist.
- Artist manager.
- Music professor. Average base pay: $56,481 per year.
- Music producer. Average base pay: $74,627 per year.
- Choreographer. Average base pay: $83,046 per year.
- Band manager. Average base pay: $103,124 per year.
Why do most musicians fail?
There are a variety of reasons musicians and indie artists fail. Some lack real talent or work ethic. Some suffer from bad timing – like starting up a hair metal band just as grunge began to take over in the early 90s. Other artists lack motivation or let their fears win.
Is a music career worth it?
Is a career in music a good move? Of course, it is if you want a highly rewarding career where you get to perform music every day and do what you love. It is worth it, but you better be prepared to put the work in. It is not an easy ride, but once you get the taste for it, you won’t look back.
Is music a stable career?
The value of music is reflected in the pay scale for many music industry jobs. If you are passionate about music in any way, you may be seeking one of the highest paying music jobs. These careers offer the chance to earn a strong income and work in a stable job field.
What job should I do if I love music?
7 high-paying jobs for people who love music
- Sound engineering technicians. Median salary: $53,330.
- Poets, lyricists, and creative writers.
- Agent or business manager of artists, performers, or athletes.
- Multimedia artists and animators.
- Art, drama, and music teachers, postsecondary.
- Talent directors.
What are 10 careers in art?
Using data from Monster and the Bureau of Labor Statistics, we found 10 arts jobs for the doodler in you.
- Art Teacher.
- Cake Decorator.
- Fashion Designer.
- Graphic Designer.
- Illustrator and Technical Illustrator.
- Industrial Designer.
- Makeup Artist.
What artist jobs pay well?
According to the BLS, these are the four highest-paying jobs in art and design fields:
- Art Directors. Median Pay: $89,830 per year or $43.18 per hour.
- Industrial Designers.
- Multimedia Artists and Animators.
- Fashion Designers.
- Media and Communications Jobs.
- Technical Writers.
- Writers and Authors.
- Film and Video Editors.
What jobs will disappear by 2030?
5 jobs that will disappear by 2030
- Travel agent. It amazes me that a travel agent is still a job in 2020.
- Taxi drivers.
- Store cashiers.
- Fast food cooks.
- Administrative legal jobs.
Is music a dying industry?
The Covid-19 pandemic has shattered the music industry. This is particularly true for independent artists with few other means of making a living in today’s industry. Musicians lost two-thirds of their typical income in 2020. Live music revenue fell 85 percent.
What are the best paying careers in the music industry?
Music Producers. Music producers earn high wages because they are in charge of the entire recording process.
What jobs can you get with a music degree?
Jobs directly related to your degree include: Music therapist. Musician. Private music teacher. Secondary school teacher. Sound technician, broadcasting/film/video.
How to get started in the music industry?
Consider your choices. There are several decisions music artists must make throughout their careers.
What are the different types of music careers?
The music industry offers a wide variety of career paths. Besides the obvious choices of musician, singer, and songwriter, there are many music industry careers that are behind the scenes. Many people choose careers in studio work, such as sound engineering and video production. In addition, market and sales is a huge part of the industry.