What major world event happened in 2010?
On January 12, 2010, a 7.0 magnitude earthquake devastates Haiti, killing more than 230,000 and destroying the nation’s infrastructure. On January 27, 2010, Apple Computer unveils the iPad tablet computer.
What important events happened in the 2010s?
Politics and World Events
- Occupy Wall Street.
- Black Lives Matter.
- 2016 Presidential Election.
- Haiti Earthquake.
- Terrorist Attacks.
What was popular in 2010 decade?
The 10 Things That Defined the 2010s
- Streaming culture.
- Going green.
- Going viral.
- The rise of smartphones.
- Superhero movies.
- Hip-hop and R&B’s musical reign.
- Political Twitter.
What came out in 2010?
Iconic television shows, movies, and toys came out this year, but one of the best things to come out of 2010 was a children’s book….This story was provided by our sponsor.
- The Monster Who Ate My Peas.
- The Apple iPad.
- XBOX Kinect.
- Justin Bieber dolls.
- Toy Story 3.
- Tik tok by Ke$ha.
What major events happened in 2010 Australia?
- 15 December – A boat carrying up to 80 asylum seekers crashes into a cliff face on Christmas Island, killing at least 30.
- 16–20 December – The Gascoyne River in Western Australia was affected by major flooding, inundating houses in Carnarvon.
What was popular in 2010?
Billboard Year-End Hot 100 singles of 2010
|2||“Need You Now”||Lady Antebellum|
|3||“Hey, Soul Sister”||Train|
|4||“California Gurls”||Katy Perry featuring Snoop Dogg|
What war was happening in 2010?
August 31 – Iraq War: U.S. president Barack Obama declares an end to combat operations in Iraq.
What happened in 2010 in the world?
Jan 12, 2010, An Enormous Earthquake Devastates Haiti Jan 4, 2010, Burj Khalifa Officially Opens Feb 12, 2010, The 2010 Winter Olympics Are Held In Canada Feb 18, 2010, Nigerian President Overthrown
What are the months of 2010 in Europe?
1 JANUARY. Jan 1: Sweden passes on the presidency of the EU Council to Spain. 2 FEBRUARY. Feb 12: 2010 Winter Olympics, Canada. 3 AUGUST. Aug 10: The World Health Organization (WHO) declares that the deadly H1N1 flu that gripped the entire world was officially over. 4 SEPTEMBER. 5 OCTOBER. 6 NOVEMBER. 7 DECEMBER.
What major events happened in the year 2009?
Jan 12 Earthquake devastates Haiti, killing approximately 160,000 and destroying the majority of the capital Port-au-Prince Jan 12 Colombia officially leaves the recession after achieving 2% economic growth in the last quarter of 2009
Which country won the most medals at the 2010 Olympics?
10. 2010 Winter Olympics —Held in Vancouver, Canada, the international sporting event included approximately 2,600 athletes representing 82 nations through 86 events in 15 disciplines ranging from Alpine skiing to the Scottish sport of curling. The United States won the most medals in total, and Canada tallied first overall in gold-medal wins.