What is there to do in Ocala this weekend?
15 Best Things to Do in Ocala (FL)
- Appleton Museum of Art.
- Ocala National Forest.
- Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing and International Drag Racing Hall of Fame.
- Withlacoochee State Forest.
- Silver River Museum and Environmental Education Center.
- Canyons Zip Line and Canopy Tours.
- Hoggetowne Medieval Faire.
- Gypsy Gold Horse Farm.
Who is the most famous person from Ocala Florida?
1. John Travolta. You know him from “Grease,” “Pulp Fiction,” “Saturday Night Fever”, and a long list of major motion pictures from the last three decades. He owns other homes around the country, including one in star-studded LA, but he and his family have called Ocala home for over a decade.
What’s Ocala Florida known for?
thoroughbred horse farms
Ocala is located in Marion County. The city is well known for its hundreds of thoroughbred horse farms. Ocala and Marion County are known as the “horse capital of the world.” The horse farms are situated in attractive rolling green pastures. The area also features numerous rivers and lakes.
What is there to do in Ocala Florida at night?
Top 10 Best fun things to do at night in Ocala, FL
- Arcade Bar. 34.3 mi. $ Dive Bars, Arcades.
- Ocala Drive-In. 3.9 mi. Drive-In Theater.
- Peanut Patch and Cornmaze. 31.9 mi.
- Newberry Cornfield Maze. 40.8 mi.
- Bushnell Motorsports Park. 35.1 mi.
- A Petrified Forest. 60.4 mi.
- Family Fun Town. 54.0 mi.
- AMF Galaxy West Lanes. 0.6 mi.
How far is the ocean from Ocala Florida?
Situated inland near the middle of Florida, the city of Ocala is 75 miles from the nearest ocean beach.
Where can I see alligators in Ocala FL?
Best Alligator Farm in Ocala, FL
- GatorWorld Parks of Florida. 20.9 mi.
- Tom & Jerry’s Airboat Rides. 29.4 mi.
- The Canyons Zip Line & Canopy Tours. 6.5 mi.
- Boggy Creek Airboat Adventures. 86.4 mi.
- Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens. 56.0 mi.
- Wild Willy’s Airboat Tours. 82.5 mi.
- Marsh Landing Adventures / Orlando Airboat Tours.
Does Reba have a house in Ocala?
The 83-acre property is listed for $7.9 million and is located on a street name perfect for a country tune: Old Hickory Lane. Reba’s place is called Starstruck Farm and includes a 12,800-square-foot Colonial house that overlooks a lake.
What country singer lives in Ocala Florida?
Country Singer Melissa Lee Live at the Hilton Ocala.
Why is Ocala the horse capital of the world?
The Horse Capital of the World® In 2007, Ocala/Marion County was officially named the “Horse Capital of the World®,” a testament to the County’s unique involvement in all things equestrian and its record of producing some of the finest champions in the sport.
Are there alligators in Ocala Florida?
Alligators are a fact-of-life everywhere in Florida, including Ocala. You might see them, but they are not particularly dangerous. Visitors from elsewhere often leave their dogs outside and later see alligators show up for the free lunch.
Does Ocala have a downtown?
Downtown Ocala has an actual town square — a large paved octagon with a starburst design surrounded by trees and grass, with a historic gazebo that doubles as a stage for live performances.
How far is Ocala from Disney?
The distance between Ocala and Walt Disney World is 64 miles. The road distance is 78.4 miles.
What to do in Ocala?
A Festival organized by City of Ocala Recreation & Parks. This Florida Festival will have fine craft, crafts and antique/collectibles exhibitors, and 25 food booths. There will be 2 stages with Regional and Local talent and the hours will be Sat 4pm-9pm. This event will also include: bounce houses, rock-climbing wall & more.
What is an art show for Ocala?
An Art Show organized by Fine Arts For Ocala, Inc.. This Florida Art Show will have fine art and fine craft exhibitors, and 19 food booths. There will be 2 stages with Regional and Local talent and the hours will be All Days 10am-5pm. This event will also include kids’ art area.
Will there be a Veg Fest 2022 in Ocala?
Ocala Veg Fest 2022! | 4th Annual w/ Dr. Will Tuttle Save Ocala Veg Fest 2022! | 4th Annual w/ Dr. Will Tuttle to your collection. Save 2nd Annual Art & Craft Festival at La Plaza Grande to your collection. Save 2nd Annual Art & Craft Festival at La Plaza Grande to your collection.
Why visit Ocala/Marion County for the holidays?
You really have to experience it for yourself. The temperatures drop, usually topping out in the 70s, and turn into sweater weather when the sun goes… This holidays are a special time of year and Ocala/Marion County offers ways to celebrate throughout the entire season.