What is meant by controversial issues?
A controversial issue is one which results in dispute and disagreement due to a difference of opinion. The Senior 2 Social Studies: Geographic Issues of the 21st Century curriculum deals with a variety of issues that may be controversial due to differences of opinions and values held by students.
How do you use adamant in a sentence?
Adamant sentence example
- He became adamant on this point.
- The doctors had been absolutely adamant that she wasn’t going to get better.
- John seemed pretty adamant he wasn’t in love with her, proclaiming it loudly to anyone who would listen.
- She was adamant that people should know what they are consuming.
What is another word for adamant?
Synonyms & Antonyms of adamant
How do you use monstrous in a sentence?
Monstrous in a Sentence 🔉
- The monstrous elephant trampled through the jungle crushing everything in its path.
- Because it was so monstrous, the maid often got lost in the massive home she cleaned.
- Monstrous amounts of foods are needed to feed the hundreds of refugees who showed up at the soup kitchen.
What does adamant mean in English?
A person who is adamant about something has formed an opinion or taken a position that is not going to change because the person is determined to keep that opinion or position. The noun adamant comes from a Latin word meaning “material of extreme hardness, diamond.”
Is adamant a diamond?
Adamant in classical mythology is an archaic form of diamond. In fact, the English word diamond is ultimately derived from adamas, via Late Latin diamas and Old French diamant.
What is the meaning of controversy?
1 : a discussion marked especially by the expression of opposing views : dispute The decision aroused a controversy among the students. 2 : quarrel, strife. Synonyms More Example Sentences Learn More about controversy.
What is the opposite of adamant?
▲ Opposite of refusing to be persuaded or to change one’s mind. compliant. flexible. pliant.
Is Adamance a real word?
adamance Add to list Share. Adamance is firmness and determination.
Is adamant a positive word?
Form a sentence with the word adamant to suggest the unyieldingness or stubbornness of a person. Associate it with a person who refuses to listen at any cost, vehementlydenies allegations or sticks to an opinion rigidly. The word adamant can bear a negative or positive connotation.