What is document set content type?
Under Settings, click Document Set settings. In the Allowed Content Types section, under Available Site Content Types, select the content type you want to allow within this Document Set, and then click the Add button to move it to the Content Types allowed in the Document Set box.
What unique feature does a document set provide?
A Document Set is a special kind of folder that combines unique Document Set attributes, the attributes and behavior of folders and documents, and provides a user interface (UI), metadata, and object model elements to help manage all aspects of the work product.
How do I enable document set?
Enable Document Sets for a site collection
- Go to the top-level site in the site collection for which you want to enable Document Sets.
- On the Site menu, click Site Settings.
- Under Site Collection Administration, click Site collection features.
- Find Document Sets in the list, and then click Activate.
How do I change the document type in SharePoint?
Go to the document library in which you want to update the content type with a document template. On the Ribbon, click the Library tab, and then click Library Settings. Under Content Types, click the name of the content type that you want to change.
What is document set content type in SharePoint?
Document sets – the hidden gem of SharePoint
- Document Set is a special Content Type.
- All the document sets (folders) you create reside in a single library.
- I won’t go into detailed instructions here on how to create library level metadata columns.
What is Document Type in SharePoint?
It is a piece of metadata that one uses to identify the document uploaded to SharePoint. For example, invoice, agenda, meeting minutes, are all different types of documents. As such, Document Type columns happens to be the most frequent custom metadata column created in any SharePoint Intranet.
What is a SharePoint document?
The default site in SharePoint and SharePoint Server 2019 includes a document library and one is created automatically when you create a new site. Each document library displays a list of files, folders, and key information about each, such as who created or last modified a file.
How do I add a content type in SharePoint?
To create a content type
- Go to the Content type gallery page of the new SharePoint admin center, and sign in with an account that has admin permissions for your organization.
- Select Create content type.
- On the Create content type panel, provide a name and description for the new content type.
How do I change the default content type?
To change the order of items on the New Document menu , select Site Content, and then select the name of your list or library. On the ribbon, select List or Library. Under Content Types, select Change new button order and default content type.
What is SharePoint content type?
A content type is a reusable collection of metadata (columns), workflow, behavior, and other settings for a category of items or documents in a SharePoint Server list or document library. Content types enable you to manage the settings for a category of information in a centralized, reusable way.
What is a document set used for?
The Document Set organizes multiple related documents into a single view where they can be worked on and managed as a single entity.
How do I use content type in SharePoint?
Open SharePoint site.
- Navigate to site settings ->Under Web designer galleries -> Click Site content type.
- Under site content types -> click Create.
- Provide the name and description of the content type.
- Provide the parent content type for -> Item.
How do I configure a document set content type?
On the Site Content Types page, click the name of the Document Set content type you want to configure. Under Settings, click Document Set settings.
What is a document set?
A Document Set is, in fact, a Content Type. That means you can create your own, and add your own columns to it. A Document Set also has features that set it apart from your ordinary Content Type. Let’s take a look at what they are: This is a visual representation of a Document Set.
What is the ContentType ID?
The top-level element in a content type definition is ContentType. This element has a required ID attribute whose value must be a string in content type ID format. If you do not correctly format the ID for a new content type, you will receive an error when you try to activate the Feature in which it is defined.
How do I identify a set of documents?
Create a custom document set content type to identify your set of documents. Ensure you have at least 2 pieces of metadata defined on the Document Set: one to uniquely identify the set of documents and one to trigger retention. For the Legal Case file…