What are the topics in OS?
- Concurrent execution.
- Memory management using things like virtual memory and memory allocations.
- Scalability such as lock-free data structures.
- File systems.
- Operating system architecture.
- Security such as data security, integrity and authentication.
What are the important topics in OS for interview?
Basic OS Interview Questions
- Why is the operating system important?
- What’s the main purpose of an OS?
- What are the benefits of a multiprocessor system?
- What is RAID structure in OS?
- What is GUI?
- What is a Pipe and when it is used?
- What are the different kinds of operations that are possible on semaphore?
What are the important topics in operating system for placements?
You should study important topics like process management(fork()), scheduling algorithms, difference between a process and a thread, critical section problem(mutex and semaphore) and memory management in operating system.
What are the 5 operating system tasks?
Functions of Operating System
- Security –
- Control over system performance –
- Job accounting –
- Error detecting aids –
- Coordination between other software and users –
- Memory Management –
- Processor Management –
- Device Management –
What is a mutex in OS?
A mutex is a binary variable whose purpose is to provide locking mechanism. It is used to provide mutual exclusion to a section of code, means only one process can work on a particular code section at a time.
What are Viva questions in OS?
Operating System VIVA Questions :-
- What is an operating system?
- What are the various components of a computer system?
- What is purpose of different operating systems?
- What are the different operating systems?
- What is a boot-strap program?
- What is BIOS?
- Explain the concept of the batched operating systems?
What is an OS short answer?
An operating system (OS) is system software that manages computer hardware, software resources, and provides common services for computer programs.
What are the important topics in data structures?
Basic Data Structures: Arrays, Strings, Stacks, Queues. Asymptotic analysis (Big-O notation) Basic math operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, exponentiation) Sqrt(n) primality testing.
What is semaphore OS?
In computer science, a semaphore is a variable or abstract data type used to control access to a common resource by multiple threads and avoid critical section problems in a concurrent system such as a multitasking operating system.
What is the main purpose of OS?
An operating system has three main functions: (1) manage the computer’s resources, such as the central processing unit, memory, disk drives, and printers, (2) establish a user interface, and (3) execute and provide services for applications software.
What are the most important topics to learn about operating system?
Another fundamental piece of information would be in understanding serialization and data integrity issues. well OS is really a huge topic to cut short say the most important topics would be cpu scheduling and memory management techniques I’m going to expect that you are looking to work in IT.
What are the most important topics to learn about wellwell OS?
well OS is really a huge topic to cut short say the most important topics would be cpu scheduling and memory management techniques I’m going to expect that you are looking to work in IT.
What is the importance of OS knowledge in Computer Science?
Knowledge of OS will be very useful if you want to pursue career in CS. In such case, you can find yourself in situations where the problem will be closely tight with the operating system/box you will be using. For example, you want to measure the performance of your standalone application on a particular system.
What are the characteristics of a good OS?
Maintainability: You may have the best OS in the world but if every time you need to correct a defect, your down for several days… You OS become less interesting. (Granted, modifying a highly critical systems might take days to certify). Flexibility: An OS that can do a single application are often too costly to maintain.