What are the most sought after 78 records?
Chasing The World’s Rarest 78 RPM Records
- Hear a few notable recordings from the 78 RPM era, as picked by guests Amanda Petrusich & Chris King:
- Geeshie Wiley, “Last Kind Word Blues”
- Willie Brown, “Future Blues”
- Skip James, “Devil Got My Woman”
- Blind Uncle Gaspard, “Sur Le Borde de L’eau”
- Sylvester Weaver, “Guitar Rag”
What vintage records are worth money?
40 vinyl records worth a fortune today
- Led Zeppelin, Led Zeppelin (1969)
- Miles Davis, Kind of Blue (1959)
- The Who, The Who Sell Out (1967)
- Nirvana, Bleach (1989)
- XTC — Science Friction (1977)
- David Bowie — The Prettiest Star (1973)
- ABBA — Hova’s Vittne (1981)
- The Quarrymen — That’ll Be the Day (1981)
How do I get rid of old 78 records?
If you have old 78s you’d like to donate, the Great 78 Project will accept your old 78 records and digitize them to post online. But reading their FAQs, it does not appear they will ship those old records back to you.
Where can I find a 78 rpm record price guide?
Please install flash player. IGuide.net is proud to host the online 78 RPM Record Price Guide.The price guide is maintained by Jon R. Warren, whose price guide books have been the authority on collectibles values since 1985. The searchable database consists of detailed reports in an ever-growing database of items in this category.
How do you determine the value of old 78 Victor Records?
One way to get an idea of the value of old 78 Victor records is to use a price guide, such as the American Premium Record Guide by Les Docks. However, even the most comprehensive price guides only have information about moderately popular records or those in demand by collectors.
How do 78s acquire value?
They acquire value based on a) their rarity and b) their condition. So a 78 has to be BOTH rare and in excellent condition, basically Mint (M) or Near MInt (NM) – which is essentially means, in the condition in which it was bought – to be worth anything Henry Blum has given the example of the Tommy Johnson 78, and some other examples from E Bay.
Where can I find the old record price guide?
IGuide is proud to host the online Old Record Price Guide. The price guide is maintained by Jon R. Warren, whose price guide books have been the authority on collectibles values since 1985. TThe searchable database consists of detailed reports in an ever-growing database of items in this category.