How many yards of eyelash do you need to make a lei?
What do I need to make an eyelash lei?
- A skein of medium or long lash eyelash yarn or “fun fur” yarn (at least 50 yards)
- A large straw like a bubble tea straw or milkshake straw. McDonald’s straws are larger than most other fast food straws and will do in a pinch.
- About 4 feet of ribbon.
How do you make a kukui nut lei?
- Start with 32 loose kukui nuts and ribbon (3/8″ or 1/4″ / 9.
- Cut two pieces of ribbon to 82 inches (208cm) length.
- Tie a knot in the two pieces ofÂ ribbonÂ approximately 10 inches (25cm) from the end.
- Place a kukui nut on the threader by pushing the metal through the pre-drilled hole in the kukui nut.
How many kukui nuts are in a lei?
32 kukui nuts
Made from genuine Kukui Nuts, these lei each contain 32 kukui nuts. These lei may be worn by both men and women to any occassion.
How much Eyelash yarn do you need to make a lei?
You need three main things to make a single straw lei with eyelash yarn: A skein of medium or long lash eyelash yarn or “fun fur” yarn (at least 50 yards) A large straw like a bubble tea straw or milkshake straw. About 4 feet of ribbon.
How do you wrap a lei for a baby?
Push a few loops off onto the ribbon, but keep at least one set of loops on the straws. Wrap, wrap, wrap! Keep bunching and sliding the yarn as the straws fill. Keep going until your lei is long enough. Most lei are about a yard long, but you may want to make yours smaller if it’s for a child.
How much ribbon do you put on a lei?
Most lei are about 36 inches around, so the extra ribbon gives you space to tie off and make a little bow or attach a large bow. Thread the ribbon through the straw and pull about two inches of ribbon out.
How do you make a lei for graduation?
If you’re in Hawaii, you can (of course!) find a variety of kukui nut beads at Ben Franklin. Making this graduation lei couldn’t be easier! Cut a piece of ribbon at least 4 feet long (5-6′ is fine, too). Most lei are about 36 inches around, so the extra ribbon gives you space to tie off and make a little bow or attach a large bow.