How do you make herbal body cream?
How to make an herbal cream
- 1 cup distilled water or rosewater.
- 3/4 cup carrier oil (almond, or an herb-infused oil)
- 1/2 oz. –1 oz. beeswax (less for a thinner consistency, more for a firmer cream)
- a double boiler.
- blender or immersion blender.
- clean glass jars.
- essential oils, if desired.
How do you make homemade body cream?
- 1 cup (230 grams) of unrefined, 100% organic shea butter.
- 1 cup (240 ml) of coconut oil.
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of vegetable glycerin.
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of vitamin E oil.
- 2 ounces (60 ml) of extra virgin olive oil.
- 1 teaspoon (3 ml) of essential oil (optional)
What are the ingredients for organic body cream?
- 3/4 cup of oil (almond oil works best)
- 1 cups of water (rose water also works)
- 2 tablespoons of shaved beeswax (note that bee allergy sufferers should not use this ingredient)
- 30 drops of essential oils (like lavender, ylang ylang, bergamot, or other oil.)
Can you add herbs to body butter?
You can make this body butter without the herbal infusion and it will still deeply moisturize your skin, but adding in specific herbs can greatly boost the healing effectiveness of this butter! You can pick any of these herbs to use in your infusion.
How can I make organic lotion at home?
Homemade Organic Lotion Recipe
- 1 cup Shea Butter OR Cocoa Butter if you have a nut allergy.
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil.
- 1/2 cup Almond Oil.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Beeswax.
- Optional: 1 tablespoon Vegetable Glycerine or Pure Aloe Vera Gel (optional for added skin protection)
Can I infuse shea butter with herbs?
In a double boiler combine the herbs with Jojoba Oil and Avocado Oil. Bring to a boil, then turn the burner to low and allow the herbs and allow to infuse for at least 2 hours. In a separate pan combine the Shea butter and Cocoa butter over low heat.
How can I make moisturizer cream at home?
- Melt the shea butter in a double boiler. Add almond oil after it melts and turn the burner off.
- Let the mixture cool (but do not let it solidify) and then add the essential oils.
- Whip the mixture well.
- Scoop out the creamy mixture into a glass jar.
- Massage the cream on your body and face.
How do you make herbal healing cream at home?
Directions to Making the Herbal Healing Cream. Begin by weighing out the beeswax, coconut oil and shea butter. In a separate container measure out the oils. Add the beeswax, coconut oil and shea butter to a double boiler, or heat in a regular pan on very low heat. Stir frequently until it is completely melted.
How to make herbal body lotion at home?
Add the shea butter, cocoa butter, almond oil and coconut oil to the bowl and let them completely melt. Then, place it in the fridge for several hours until firm. Whip the butter with your essential oil using a mixer until fluffy. Transfer the body lotion to a container.
How do you make ultra moisturizing body lotion?
This body lotion is ultra-moisturizing, so you do not need to use it so much. Combine almond oil, beeswax, coconut oil and shea butter in a double boiler. When the water heats, occasionally stir the ingredients. Then, add vitamin E oil and essential oils or vanilla if using.
How do you make DIY natural rose face and body cream?
DIY Natural Rose Face & Body Cream handful of organic fresh (or dried) rose petals at least 5 ounces of distilled water 2.5 ounces sweet almond oil 0.5 ounce rosehip seed oil 1.5 ounces mango butter 0.5 ounce beeswax pastilles 2 tablespoons stearic acid (a natural thickener) a few drops of geranium or rose essential oil