How do I transfer my barber license to DC?
After finishing your required training hours, you must pass an exam administered by the DC Board of Barber and Cosmetology. Once you pass this exam, you will receive your Washington D.C. cosmetology license shortly thereafter.
How much does it cost to renew your cosmetology license in DC?
State Board Members
|Cosmetologist License||$110||Up to 2 years)|
|Cosmetologist Renewal||$110||Up to 2 years|
|Cosmetologist Renewal (Managers & Instructors)||$155||–|
|Cosmetologist Renewal (Specialty Managers & Instructors)||$155||–|
How do I get my cosmetology license in DC?
How to Become a Cosmetologist in Washington, DC
- Complete a Cosmetology Program.
- Complete the Cosmetology License Application.
- Take and Pass the Theory and Practical Examinations for Licensure.
- Explore your Professional Opportunities in Washington D.C.
- Maintain your Washington D.C. Cosmetologist License.
How long is barber school in DC?
State License Requirements A barber license requires 1,500 hours of training, unless you already have a Washington DC cosmetology license. In that case, you only need 500 additional hours of education. In total, you must pay $230 in fees to earn your license via examination.
How do I become an esthetician in DC?
- Complete a Program in Esthetics through a Licensed School.
- Complete the Application and Examination Scheduling Form.
- Take the Required Examinations for an Esthetician License.
- Earn a Master Esthetician Manager’s License in Washington D.C.
- Keep your Esthetician/Master Esthetician Manager License Current.
How do I get a wax license in DC?
How long is Barber School in MD?
Complete 1200 Hours in a Maryland Barber Training School. Your first step toward a Maryland barber license is graduating from a barber training school. The Maryland Board requires that you complete at least 1200 hours of theoretical and practical barber training that covers: Barbershop Management and Sales.
How long is esthetician school in DC?
The Esthetics is a 600 hour program that prepares individuals to cleanse, depilate, massage, and beautify the human body and to function as licensed estheticians and skin care specialists.