How do I make my MacBook pro like new again?
How to Factory Reset a Mac or MacBook (macOS Monterey)
- Click the Apple icon in the menu bar (top-left corner).
- Select System Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- Select ‘Erase All Contents and Settings. ‘
- Enter your password, select ‘OK. ‘
- Select the ‘Erase All Content & Settings’ button.
When should I reset my Mac?
Resetting your MacBook Pro to the way it was when you got it from the factory isn’t difficult, but it isn’t quick, either. You could do it if you’ve been consistently having serious problems with the MacBook Pro. However, the only time you should definitely do it is when you’re about to sell or give away the machine.
How do you reset a slow MacBook Pro?
How to Fix a Slow Mac
- Find and kill resource-consuming processes.
- Check for macOS updates.
- Restart your Mac once in a while.
- Free up space on the startup disk.
- Limit the number of apps running in the background.
- Manage login items on startup.
- Clear cache files on Mac.
- Add more RAM.
How do I completely erase my macbook pro?
Use Erase All Content and Settings in System Preferences From the System Preferences menu in the menu bar, choose Erase All Content and Settings. Don’t see this option? Erase Assistant opens and asks you to sign in with your administrator credentials. Enter the password you use to log in to your Mac, then click OK.
How do u restart a Mac?
What to Know
- Easiest way: Go to the Apple menu and select Restart.
- From the keyboard: Hold down Control + Command + power button/eject button/Touch ID sensor.
- To force restart a MacBook Pro: Hold down the power button or Control + Option + Command + power/eject button.
How do you shutdown a MacBook Pro?
On a Mac without an eject key (like the MacBook Air or MacBook Pro Retina Display ), you can force your computer to shut down at any point by pushing Command + Control + Option + Power button. Before you resort to this, first try a force quit on a problem application by pushing Command + Option + Esc.
How to factory reset a MacBook Pro?
Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button as your Mac starts up.
How can I reboot my MacBook Pro?
Resetting the NVRAM Understand what resetting NVRAM will fix. Open the Apple menu . Click Shut Down…. Click Shut Down when prompted. Find the NVRAM reset keys. Turn back on your Mac. Press and hold the NVRAM reset keys. Continue holding the keys until your Mac finishes starting up. Verify that the problem has been resolved.
How to hard reboot MacBook Pro?
To force a restart your MacBook,you need to press and hold down the Command (⌘) button,the Control (Ctrl) key,and the power button at the same time.