How do I exclude categories in WordPress?
- In WordPress backend, go to menu Plugins -> Add New.
- Search Exclude Categories from Blog.
- Install the plugin.
- After the plugin is installed and activated, in WordPress backend, goto left menu Settings -> Exclude Categories, configure the categories to be excluded.
How do I show only parent categories in WordPress?
2 Answers. You can get the categories using get_categories() and you can get all of the top level categories with: $categories = get_categories( array( ‘parent’ => 0 ) ); Then, something like this should work for you to get only posts within top level categories.
What are parent categories in WordPress?
Parent Category: Categories come with a hierarchy which allows you to choose parent and child categories. For example, you can have a parent category “Fruits” and under it have a child category “Oranges”.
How do I add a parent category in WordPress?
Select the category that you want to use as the parent from the dropdown list. Similarly, you can also go to Posts » Categories to add child categories. Just type in the name for your child category and select the parent category from the dropdown menu.
How do I hide product categories in WordPress?
- Go to Woocommerce -> Settings -> Products.
- Go to the subsection “Hide from categories”.
- There is twice the list of the product categories currently on your store. First list allows you to hide the categories on the store. Second list allows you to hide products from those categories on the store.
What happens if I delete a category in WordPress?
When a category is deleted, all posts that were only in that category will be assigned to the default category. If a post was also in other categories it will remain untouched. Note: You cannot delete the default category, but you can change the name and URL slug.
How do I create a category and sub category in WordPress?
How to Create Subcategories in WordPress (In 3 Steps)
- Step 1: Start Editing a Post & Select the Categories Tab. To get started, navigate to the WordPress post that you want to add to a new subcategory.
- Step 2: Click on the Add New Category Link.
- Step 3: Select a Parent Category for Your WordPress Subcategory.
How do I exclude a category from a WordPress post?
Ultimate Category Excluder. Ultimate Category Excluder is a WordPress plugin that allows you to quickly and easily exclude categories from your front page, archives, and feeds. Just select which categories you want to be excluded, and UCE does all the work for you!
How do I remove a category from the front page?
Remove Categories from Homepage using a Plugin. If you’re absolutely not comfortable with editing your theme’s files, there is also a plugin alternative you can use. Ultimate Category Excluder is a WordPress plugin that allows you to quickly and easily exclude categories from your front page, archives, and feeds.
What is ultimate category excluder and how to use it?
Ultimate Category Excluder is a WordPress plugin that allows you to quickly and easily exclude categories from your front page, archives, and feeds. Just select which categories you want to be excluded, and UCE does all the work for you! Get Ultimate Category Excluder
Why would I want to exclude some categories from my Homepage?
When displaying your latest posts on the homepage, you might want to exclude some categories from displaying on this page. There are many reasons why you would want to do this. You might want to keep your homepage for only news posts and relegate the rest of the posts to other sections accessed through the menu. November 18, 2021 Jean Galea