How do I download iOS from iTunes?
Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iTunes
- Open iTunes on your Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier or on your Windows PC.
- Connect your device to your computer.
- Click the device button in iTunes toolbar.
- In the Summary tab, click Check for Update.
- Click Download and Update.
- If asked, enter your passcode.
How do I install iOS 8?
Go to Settings > General > Software Update and click the Download and Install button for iOS 8. After tapping the Download and Install button, you’ll need to tap to agree to Apple’s terms and conditions and then wait as your phone slowly downloads the file.
How do I manually install iOS firmware on iTunes?
Manually installing iOS update via iTunes using IPSW Firmware File
- Download the correct iOS IPSW firmware file.
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to the computer.
- Allow your computer to access files on your iOS device.
- Press & hold SHIFT and click Update in iTunes.
- Select the IPSW Firmware File.
Can I download iOS update and install later?
If a message says that an update is available, tap Install Now to update now. Or you can tap Later and choose Install Tonight or Remind Me Later. If you tap Install Tonight, just plug your device into power at night, and your device will update automatically overnight.
How do I update iTunes on my iPhone 8?
Open iTunes. From the menu bar at the top of the iTunes window, choose Help > Check for Updates. Follow the prompts to install the latest version.
What devices are compatible with iOS 8?
|Platforms||iPhone iPhone 4S iPhone 5 iPhone 5C iPhone 5S iPhone 6/6 Plus iPod Touch iPod Touch (5th generation) iPod Touch (6th generation) iPad iPad 2 iPad (3rd generation) iPad (4th generation) iPad Air iPad Air 2 iPad Mini (1st generation) iPad Mini 2 iPad Mini 3|
|Kernel type||Hybrid (XNU)|
How do I downgrade iOS from iTunes?
How to downgrade iOS
- Open the Finder or iTunes.
- Download the old iOS software update from a site such as this one (assuming it’s still being signed – see warnings above).
- Connect your iPhone or iPad running the newer version of iOS to your PC or Mac, and select your iPhone or iPad from the menu.
How do I choose iOS version in iTunes?
How to Use IPSW Files to Update iOS or iPadOS
- Connect your iPhone or iOS device to your computer.
- Select the device in iTunes or Finder.
- On a Mac, hold down the “Option” key and then click on “Update”
- On a Windows PC, hold down “SHIFT” key and then click on “Update”
- Select the IPSW file you downloaded and click “Choose”
How do you connect iPhone to iTunes?
Connect your iPhone to your computer using its USB cord and launch iTunes. Wait for iTunes to detect your device and then click the “Restore iPhone” button under your iPhone Summary. Tap the “Restore from iTunes backup” option on the Set Up screen on your iPhone.
How do you get iTunes on an iPhone?
Open iTunes. Connect the USB cord that came with the iPhone to the iPhone and plug the device into a USB port on your computer. When iTunes recognizes the phone, the program will list the iPhone in the “Devices” category. Click the “Summary” tab located at the top of the middle iTunes window.
How do you access iTunes?
Access iTunes U through iTunes Open iTunes. In the top right corner, click iTunes Store. In the iTunes Store top menu bar, click iTunes U (at right). In iTunes U, use the navigation at right, the search function (top right) or the main page shortcuts to locate courses and materials.
How do you get iTunes for free?
Click the “Free on iTunes” link in the menu on the right. You may have to scroll down to see it. If you are using the iOS iTunes Store app, scroll to the very bottom of the main Store page and tap “Free on iTunes” in the “Music Quick Links” section.