How do I donate a wig for cancer?
- TLC is part of ACS Products, Inc., an affiliate of the American Cancer Society.
- Many ACS offices distribute free wigs to women who are experiencing hair loss due to cancer treatment; call 800-ACS-2345 to see if an office near you participates in this free wig program.
How do you donate hair wigs?
Guidelines for Measuring and Cutting Your Hair Donation
- Tie the hair in front of each ear into ponytails, and then tie the hair behind each ear into ponytails.
- Make sure each ponytail or braid is tightly secured.
- PLEASE be sure hair is tight and secured with several rubber bands 2-3 inches apart.
Is Locks of Love legit?
Locks of Love is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charity that provides custom-made hair prosthetics to disadvantaged children up to the age of 21 who have suffered hair loss as a result of medical conditions, such as alopecia, burn trauma, and cancer treatment.
Can I donate my hair if I cut it myself?
The Hair Donating Process Whether you’re cutting your hair yourself or at the salon, below is exactly how to donate hair to Wigs for Kids (or another charity) no matter your natural hair texture: Hair must be clean and dry. Wet hair will mold during shipping and will be thrown away.
Where to donate wigs for cancer patients?
Call your local oncology centers. • Cancer support groups often know where you can take used wigs. If you took part in a support group during your treatment, contact them for information on where you may donate your wig. • Wig shops often make a habit of donating wigs to cancer patients.
What are the best wigs for cancer patients?
Monofilament wigs for cancer patients from ElegantWigs.com™ are an especially good choice for those with severe or total hair loss because monofilament wig caps are soft and hypoallergenic. Standard wig caps are made from cloth and may be itchy or irritating to those with sensitive scalps.
What is the best hair donation organization?
Best Places to Donate Hair and Quick How-to Guide Locks of Love. Wigs for Kids. Maggie’s Wigs 4 Kids of Michigan. Children With Hair Loss. Hair We Share. Angel Hair for Kids (Canada) Angel Hair for Kids is an arm of A Child’s Voice Foundation. General How-To Requirements to Donate Hair. Finding Hair Donation Companies. A Life-Changing Donation.
Where to donate hair?
Wigs for Kids. For over 30 years,Wigs for Kids — one of the most established hair-donation organizations — has been creating and giving wigs to children who have