How big do staffy cross Labradors get?
Standing at around 12-16″ and weighing in at 23-35lbs for females and up to 40lbs for males they come in all colours of the canine rainbow except liver and merle and are exceptionally strong for their relatively small size.
What is a staffy cross lab?
The Staffador, also named Labrastaff or Staffy Lab is a cross between a Staffordshire Bull Terrier and a Labrador. This breed is full of energy so if you or your family love being outdoors, you’ll definitely find a new companion for your outings, especially if these involve hiking, running or trekking.
What are good Staffy cross breeds?
Are Staffy Cross Dogs Good Pets?
- What Staffies Are Really Like. Marley.
- American Staffordshire Terrier. The Amstaff is like the Staffordshire Bull terrier but generally taller and heavier.
- Bull Terrier. These are fine dogs, but nothing like Staffie crosses.
- Pit Bull Terrier. American Pitbull Terrier with cropped ears.
What is a good breed to mix with a Labrador?
Best Labrador Mixes
- Labradoodle. Parents: Labrador Retriever and Poodle.
- Goldador. Parents: Golden Retriever and Labrador Retriever.
- Boxador. Parents: Labrador Retriever and Boxer.
- Borador. Parents: Border Collie and Labrador Retriever.
- Labrabull. Parents: Labrador Retriever and Pitbull.
Are Staffies easy to toilet train?
Staffies can be extremely energetic and stubborn so trying to train them to do anything may require quite a bit of effort. In response to your staffy’s stubbornness, it’s important to give them a lot of positive reinforcement when trying to train them.
How old do Staffies live?
12 – 14 years
Staffordshire Bull Terrier/Life span
Staffordshire bull terriers live for approximately 12 – 14 years on average, when they are fed and cared for correctly.
Are staffy cross good dogs?
Staffy – Jack Russell cross temperament Coming from two parents who are loyal and affectionate (when part of a stable home), you can almost bet a Staffy cross Jack Russell will be loving towards their family. With both parent breeds being prone to separation anxiety, this pup needs an owner who is home most of the day.
How can I tell if my dog is a Lab mix?
Labrador mix physical clues
- Ears: floppy or erect, rounded, or pointed.
- Tail: short, stubby, long, thin, wide, or bushy.
- Feet: webbed or not webbed.
- Head: face, muzzle, eyes, and head shape.
- Coat: color, patterns, and hair type.
What are black labs usually mixed with?
Labrador Retriever mix puppies can be a little cheaper to purchase, and that could fit your budget better.
- 1 Labrador Retriever Lines.
- 2 Labrador Retriever Mixes. 2.1 Goldador. 2.2 Doberdor. 2.3 German Sheprador. 2.4 Labradoodle. 2.5 Pitador. 2.6 Rottador. 2.7 Chabrador. 2.8 Corgidor. 2.9 Huskador. 2.10 Springador. 2.11 Pointerdor.
Are Staffies good for first time owners?
Overall, the Staffordshire Bull Terrier is well suited to first-time dog owners that are willing to give the dog the care and focused training that it requires. They are incredibly loving and can make for a great family companion with a high amount of socialisation.
What kind of dog is an American Staffordshire Terrier lab mix?
American Staffordshire Terrier Lab Mix may inherit the above physical traits in any combinations. In terms of size, they are normally closer to Amstaffs (a little shorter and lighter than Labradors). Color-wise, they can be of any color or combination that they can inherit from the parents, from tan to brindle to black/chocolate.
What is a staffy cross Labrador?
A Staffy Cross Labrador is a mixed dog breed that’s popularity is on the rise in a big way. Below Dogs Barn take an in-depth look at the staffy lab cross, we look at the temperament and the nature of this dog and the even more in demand puppies for sale. More…
What happens when you mix a Staffordshire Bull Terrier with a Labrador?
A Staffordshire Bull Terrier crossed with a Labrador will be a medium sized dog and they will be strong and quite heavy set with a broad head and a permanently wagging tail. Both breeds are boisterous and energetic so if you are looking for a low energy pooch this combination is not for you.
Can a lab and a staffy breed make a big dog?
A Labrador crossed with a Staffy is likely to be a medium-sized dog. There are no guarantees which of the parent’s appearance and characteristics will be inherited by their offspring but this crossbreed should be bigger than a Staffy while not quite as large as a purebred Lab.