Can you use a wildcard certificate for ADFS?
ADFS supports wildcard SSL certificates, but you need to manually enter the Federation Service name in the AD FS 2.0 Federation Server Configuration Wizard. The wizard auto-populates the Federation Service name when using single-name certificates.
How do I add a wildcard certificate to my server?
When installing on a single server, the steps you’d follow are:
- Purchase certificate. You can purchase wildcard certificates direct at 71% off – click here.
- Generate CSR. For a wildcard certificate, be sure to enter your domain as *.
- Complete certificate validation.
- Install on server.
Can I use a wildcard certificate on multiple servers?
Can I use a Wildcard SSL Certificate on multiple servers? Yes, a Wildcard SSL Certificate can be used on multiple servers.
How do I get a valid certificate of ADFS server?
Request and enroll a new SSL certificate for AD FS
- Open the MMC window and add the Certificates snap-in for the local Computer account.
- Right-click the Personal node and choose All Tasks -> Request New Certificate.
- Click Next twice to get to the Request certificates page.
- Click the More information is required…
How do I find my federation service name?
- With the install complete, we can now update ADFS.
- In the ADFS Console, right-click the top ‘ADFS’ folder and select ‘Edit Federation Service Properties’
- Update the ‘Federation Service Name’ and ‘Federation Service Identifier’ (easy enough)
- Running ‘Get-ADFSProperties’ you can see the updates have gone through.
Do you need a CSR for a wildcard certificate?
However, before a wildcard certificate is issued to you, like any other SSL certificate, you must generate a CSR. And, for that, you have to ensure that the format of the domain is correct. For example, to generate a CSR to secure the base domain and all its sub-domains, you need to enter the domain with * (asterisk).
Can two servers use the same certificate?
No matter what language you speak, no matter what industry you work in, the answer is still the same: Yes, you can use one SSL certificate for multiple domains on the same server. And, depending on the vendor, you also can use one SSL certificate on multiple servers.
How do I request an AD FS certificate?
To do so follow these steps:
- Log on to the primary ADFS controller where the CSR was initially generated.
- In the Connections pane highlight the name of the server you are logged on to.
- Select Server Certificates from the center pane.
- Select Complete Certificate Request from the right-hand Actions pane.
How many types of AD FS certificates are needed?
There are three types of certificates in ADFS. The “Service communications” certificate is also referred to as “SSL certification” or “Server Authentication Certificate”. This is the certificate of the ADFS server/ service itself. If there’s a farm of ADFS servers, each must have the same certificate.
How do I setup an AD FS server?
Useful notes for the steps in the video
- Step 1: Install Active Directory Federation Services.
- Step 2: Request a certificate from a third-party CA for the Federation server name.
- Step 3: Configure ADFS.
- Step 4: Download Office 365 tools.
- Step 5: Add your domain to Office 365.
- Step 6: Connect ADFS to Office 365.
How to install SSL certificate for ADFS?
Install AD FS Certificate 1 First, you will need to obtain the new certificate. 2 Once you get the response from your certificate provider, import it to the Local Machine store on each AD FS and Web Application Proxy server. 3 On the primary AD FS server, use the following cmdlet to install the new SSL certificate See More….
Can I use the same SSL certificate on all federation servers?
It is recommended to use the same SSL certificate on all federation servers and web application proxy machines in your AD FS farm. Install the new SSL certificate on each federation server in the AD FS farm
What is the set-adfssslcertificate cmdlet?
The Set-AdfsSslCertificate cmdlet is a multi-node cmdlet; this means it only has to run from the primary and all nodes in the farm will be updated. This is new in Server 2016. On Server 2012 R2 you had to run Set-AdfsSslCertificate on each server.
How do I replace the SSL certificate for an AD FS farm?
The recommended way to replace the SSL certificate going forward for an AD FS farm is to use Azure AD Connect. For more information see Update the SSL certificate for an Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) farm Obtaining your SSL Certificates For production AD FS farms a publicly trusted SSL certificate is recommended.