Can I restrict YouTube access?
Within YouTube, log into your account by clicking the picture icon in the top right corner. Go to your settings. Parents can restrict kids’ YouTube access within their YouTube settings. Enable the Restricted Mode setting to help avoid inappropriate content flagged by other users and YouTube signals.
How can I restrict my kids access to YouTube?
How to set YouTube parental controls with Restricted Mode
- Go to the YouTube website and sign in using your Google account.
- Click your profile picture in the top-right corner of the homepage.
- At the bottom of the pop-up menu, click Restricted Mode, which will be turned off by default.
How do I restrict access to YouTube channels only?
Tap Settings. Tap the profile you want to restrict. You’re going to toggle off Allow Searching and toggle on Approved Content Only. When you toggle on Approved Content Only, a window will open prompting you to select the collections you want your kids to watch.
How do I limit YouTube time?
Here’s how to set the timer:
- Tap the lock icon in the bottom corner of any page in the app.
- Read and enter the numbers that appear or enter your custom passcode.
- Select Timer.
- Use the slider bar or the and icons to set a time limit.
- Tap Start Timer.
What is YouTube restricted mode?
Restricted Mode is an optional setting you can use on YouTube. This feature can help screen out potentially mature content you or others using your devices may prefer not to view. Android ComputeriPhone & iPad.
How do you Unrestrict a YouTube video?
How to turn off Restricted Mode on YouTube on a computer
- Go to youtube.com and click on your profile icon, located in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Scroll to the bottom of that menu and click “Restricted Mode: On.”
- Toggle the “Activate Restricted Mode” option off (it will go from blue to grey).
How do I remove the age restriction on YouTube?
To turn off Safety Mode, go to YouTube the homepage and click your profile icon at the top of the screen. Go to the bottom of the drop-down menu. The last item is “Restricted Mode: On.” Click the box and select the “Restricted Mode: Off” option.
How do I turn off YouTube time limit?
Step by step instructions
- Open Youtube.com through a web browser and Sign in with your child’s Google account.
- Once you’re logged in click on the profile picture in the top right of the page to see the menu.
- At the bottom of that menu tap on Restricted Mode: Off.
- Then tap on the switch to turn Restricted Mode on.
Why is YouTube restricting videos when restricted mode is off?
Primarily, our automated system checks signals like the video’s metadata, title, and the language used in the video. Some videos may not be available in Restricted Mode and might be a result of human reviewers applying an age restriction to a video.
How do you get past the age restriction on YouTube 2020?