We are always looking for new members to join our expanding team in locations globally. For full time, retail or intern positions at Shakuhachi, please send in your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or monitor our jobs listing below.
GENERAL MANAGER / SENIOR GLOBAL BRAND MANAGER
Shakuhachi is looking to expand their Global Sales team, based from its new office in Sydney’s East. The Global Brand Manager will work alongside Shakuhachi’s local Sales and Marketing team to grow overseas markets and manage a growing retail expansion.
Key responsibilities include:
- • Liaising with Shakuhachi’s Agents Distributors
- • Attending tradeshows in growth areas.
- • General management of sales globally
- • Overseeing a Global Marketing strategy
- • Overseeing a Global PR strategy
- • Plan, execute and art direct look book shoots
- • Plan yearly marketing schedule for editorial launches
- • Sales events and trade show
- • General office and staff management
- Essential requirements:
- • A minimum of three years experience in senior Sales, local and international.
- • Strong attention to detail
- • Ingrained fashion knowledge
- • Established International sales contact
- • Excellent written and oral communication skills
- • Exceptional organisation and time management skills
• Applicants with relevant experience need only apply to email@example.com
Please enter the job description "GENERAL MANAGER OR SENIOR GLOBAL BRAND MANAGER" as the subject line.
GLOBAL PR/ MARKETING MANAGER
Shakuhachi is looking to expand their Global Marketing and PR from its office in Sydney’s East.
The Marketing and PR manager will work alongside Shakuhachi’s external PR agencies globally and alongside its social Marketing team.
Key responsibilities include liaising with Shakuhachi’s PR agencies globally to oversee the below tasks on behalf of Shakuhachi:
• Loan and return of PR samples to media – both print and online
• Executing publicity/ editorial coverage in both print and electronic media
• Executing media releases and identifying press opportunities
• Preparing press releases and imagery for key press; celebrity updates, new collection teasers, new features.
• Managing and monitoring media networks
• Devising target lists of appropriate brand ambassadors for seeding
• Produce seasonal press releases and seasonal advertising campaigns
• Gifting products to a target audience in order to maximize PR opportunities
• Updating PR and media database
• Plan, execute and art direct look book shoots
• Design and implement seasonal brand teasers
• Plan yearly marketing schedule for editorial launches
• Planning PR / sales events
• ensuring PR showroom is always organized
• General office administration
• A minimum of three years experience in Fashion PR. Overseas experience preferred.
• An understanding of PR and Marketing in the Fashion industry globally.
• Strong attention to detail
• Ingrained fashion knowledge
• Established PR and Media contacts
• Strength and understanding of social media
• A clear understanding of online and print media
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Exceptional organisation and time management skills
Applicants with relevant experience need only apply.
Please enter the job description "PR/MARKETING MANAGER" as the subject line.
MARKETING AND SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
Shakuhachi is seeking a motivated individual to join its growing team from its new office and showroom in Paddington, Sydney.
The candidate will need to have 1-2 years experience in a relevant company managing Marketing and Social media.
The role will focus on the below key criteria:
- • Managing & streamlining all social media channels, specifically Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest & Twitter
- • Managing the Shakuhachi Blog.
- • Strong photoshop and web design skills, experience designing weekly newsletters or EDMs preferable.
- • Building relationships with external partners to further develop the brand.
- • Tracking online traffic through Google Analytics.
- • The ability to work to tight deadlines.
- • Event coordination experience preferable.
- • Developing, coordinating and implementing innovative marketing strategies.
- • Tracking & collating press materials.
- Applicants with relevant experience need only apply.
- Please enter the job description "MARKETING AND SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER" as the subject line.
- Position: Design Assistant
- Reports to: Creative Director
- Employment status: Full Time
- Commencement Date: TBC
- Salary: TBC
Design and Development Responsibilities
As The Design Assistant you will need to plan and structure your workload to deliver the tech packs for collections on time and in strict accordance with the specified time line.
- Your major design responsibilities include:
- • Understand, anticipate and reflect the required aesthetic of Creative Director & the Shakuhachi brand in your design contributions
- • Range concept and research through; Internet, Store/ market visitation, magazines, style archives and travel (i.e. sourcing trips if required)
- • Organization of story boards and research folders
- • Photograph and organize archive of all sourced product, fabrics and relevant materials by season.
- • Analyze sales feedback from Sales Manager, sell through reports and design/sales team, and utilize for execution of new collections.
- • Concept ranges with the Creative Director
- • Develop and contribute to storyboard and range presentations
- • Develop and contribute to new concepts in relation to shapes and silhouettes
- • Attend all fittings and ensure that all information is reviewed and downloaded
- • Ensure that all fabric and colour requirements are provided to relevant Bali and Sydney office as well relevant suppliers
- • Develop spec sheets, including drawings, garment specs, component specs, etc
- • Ensure that all proto/component/sales samples/production for the program are approved by you in conjunction with the Creative Director
- • Ensure that you complete all required design-work in accordance with individual and departmental timelines.
- • Responsible for coordination of sample development through sales sample completion up to and including the allocation and shipment of samples to agents and distributors within required deadlines.
- An additional responsibility of your role is to ensure the accurate execution and coordination of catalogue requirements, core responsibilities of this:
- • Coordinate the development of catalogues
- • Ensure the catalogue layout is accurate and presented in a timely manner
- • Liaise with all relevant parties as required, and where possible, ahead of timeline to ensure timely delivery
- • Implement and meet agreed to annual/seasonal range plans, deadlines and overall timeline requirements
- • Maintain seasonal archives and all relevant design information so that relevant staff are able to access this information when needed
- • You will need to be highly organized so as adhere to season/design department timelines.
- • Responsible for production of sample collections for all territories
- • Other tasks may be assigned from time to time which contribute to the overall success of the company
- Key Qualities:
- • Excellent communicator.
- • Understanding the importance of adhering to deadlines.
- • Efficient time management and strong computer skills
- • Ability to prioritise and be resourceful.
- • Able to develop solid relationships with all garment suppliers.
- • Strong garment and fabrication knowledge. This includes a good understanding of garment construction, grading and development.
- • High attention to Detail.
- • Works well under pressure and can problem solve under time constraints
- • Understands the complexities of trends and product lifecycle.
- • Must be available to live and work in Bali part time
Limited time frames and it’s implications to your day to day management of your responsibilities.
- • Internal: Creative Director, General Manager, Sales manager, Bali factory staff.
- • External: Garment suppliers, gents and distributors and trade partners.
- • Fashion Design tertiary qualifications
- • 3-5 years experience in a similar design role
Applicants with relevant experience please apply with a resume and sample portfolio.
Subject line must read DESIGN ASSISTANT.