We are always looking for new members to join our expanding team in locations globally. For full time, retail or intern positions at Shakuhachi, please send in your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or monitor our jobs listing below.
Shakuhachi Sydney Flagship Store.
Australian fashion label Shakuhachi seeks experienced manager to join their growing team.
This is a full time position, and we are looking for the right candidate to join our team in our gorgeous Paddington Flagship store in Sydney.
A fashion savvy, confident sales person with proven tack record meeting sales targets .
- Management or 2IC experience
- Mature and friendly member who likes working autonomously and with a team.
- An individual confident in styling creative looks to sell to customers and visually merchandise in store.
- Well groomed with proven experience achieving and exceeding sales targets.
- Good attention to detail and experience with retail management systems and programs.
- Experience working in a boutique environment where you can build our vip customer database.
- Responsible for hiring staff, rosters, motivating staff and making sure necessary training is given to staff to drive sales.
Please only apply if you have relevant experience strong retail experience, and can bring a hard working ethic and excitement to our wonderful team. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a reputable Australian brand in the forefront of fashion. Please only email if you have at least 2 year's retail experience and or experience as a Retail Manager.
Please enter the job description "RETAIL MANAGEMENT POSITION" as the subject line.
Rapidly growing Australian Designer label Shakuhachi is recruiting for an experienced Brand Manager with a Sales history that would benefit our expanding wholesale business both within Australia and Overseas.
Along with Sales you would responsible for driving the image of our Brand through our trade and retail channels and our ever evolving Online business.
Experience with managing and developing business within our largest partner, David Jones will be one of your key KPIS as well as the fundamental aspects of reporting and analysis that go hand in hand with this role.
Outside of the above mentioned, your key tasks would include:
• Constantly researching the opportunity for new business
• Work closely with the design team to manage the sales samples and line sheet for sales along with ensuring you have the best margins and price points for your market and customers.
• Setting seasonal budgets based on historical information and exceeding targets.
- · Manage a small dynamic head office team
- · Annual budgeting plans and reports for sales, online & marketing department.
- · Process all retail orders for stores and online and manage stock sales between all stores and online.
Candidates will require:
• Commercial acumen with strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Analytical with mathematics
• Well presented with an understanding of fashion and the Shakuhachi consumer.
• The lifestyle flexibility to travel when required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- • Applicants with relevant experience need only apply to email@example.com
Please enter the job description "BRAND MANAGER" as the subject line.
- Position: Design Assistant
- Reports to: Creative Director
- Employment status: Full Time
- Commencement Date: TBC
- Salary: TBC
Design and Development Responsibilities
As The Design Assistant you will need to plan and structure your workload to deliver the tech packs for collections on time and in strict accordance with the specified time line.
- Your major design responsibilities include:
- • Understand, anticipate and reflect the required aesthetic of Creative Director & the Shakuhachi brand in your design contributions
- • Range concept and research through; Internet, Store/ market visitation, magazines, style archives and travel (i.e. sourcing trips if required)
- • Organization of story boards and research folders
- • Photograph and organize archive of all sourced product, fabrics and relevant materials by season.
- • Analyze sales feedback from Sales Manager, sell through reports and design/sales team, and utilize for execution of new collections.
- • Concept ranges with the Creative Director
- • Develop and contribute to storyboard and range presentations
- • Develop and contribute to new concepts in relation to shapes and silhouettes
- • Attend all fittings and ensure that all information is reviewed and downloaded
- • Ensure that all fabric and colour requirements are provided to relevant Bali and Sydney office as well relevant suppliers
- • Develop spec sheets, including drawings, garment specs, component specs, etc
- • Ensure that all proto/component/sales samples/production for the program are approved by you in conjunction with the Creative Director
- • Ensure that you complete all required design-work in accordance with individual and departmental timelines.
- • Responsible for coordination of sample development through sales sample completion up to and including the allocation and shipment of samples to agents and distributors within required deadlines.
- An additional responsibility of your role is to ensure the accurate execution and coordination of catalogue requirements, core responsibilities of this:
- • Coordinate the development of catalogues
- • Ensure the catalogue layout is accurate and presented in a timely manner
- • Liaise with all relevant parties as required, and where possible, ahead of timeline to ensure timely delivery
- • Implement and meet agreed to annual/seasonal range plans, deadlines and overall timeline requirements
- • Maintain seasonal archives and all relevant design information so that relevant staff are able to access this information when needed
- • You will need to be highly organized so as adhere to season/design department timelines.
- • Responsible for production of sample collections for all territories
- • Other tasks may be assigned from time to time which contribute to the overall success of the company
- Key Qualities:
- • Excellent communicator.
- • Understanding the importance of adhering to deadlines.
- • Efficient time management and strong computer skills
- • Ability to prioritise and be resourceful.
- • Able to develop solid relationships with all garment suppliers.
- • Strong garment and fabrication knowledge. This includes a good understanding of garment construction, grading and development.
- • High attention to Detail.
- • Works well under pressure and can problem solve under time constraints
- • Understands the complexities of trends and product lifecycle.
- • Must be available to live and work in Bali part time
Limited time frames and it’s implications to your day to day management of your responsibilities.
- • Internal: Creative Director, General Manager, Sales manager, Bali factory staff.
- • External: Garment suppliers, gents and distributors and trade partners.
- • Fashion Design tertiary qualifications
- • 3-5 years experience in a similar design role
Applicants with relevant experience please apply with a resume and sample portfolio.
Subject line must read DESIGN ASSISTANT.